Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Interlining luggage on separate LAN nacional -> LAN intl flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2014, 7:22 am

Programs: Free Agent
Experience so far

Thanks to Mavalenzu, Viajero Perpetuo and KVS for their info. Hope this data point helps others. My experience having arrived at SCL lines up with what they said, but to be specific:

Bags were checked through from JFK to LPB, and did not come out at SCL as far as I can tell. LAN counter staff at SCL have confirmed they are being transferred to SCL-IQQ-LPB flight and checked on bag tag numbers, they made it fine to LPB without any further interaction or checking. Also, was not charged excess weight despite being on 2 separate tickets and second one in economy since bags were tagged through to LPB at JFK.

I guess I could have just gone through international transit at SCL and gone into the LAN lounges with my international boarding pass and prior business class pass, and then come out through immigration and customs later since my bag was not put on the belt here. But I wasnt sure it would not be put on the belt at SCL, so I came through immigration, waited to confirm my bag didnt come out at bag claim, and then came out through customs to the general/domestic area. That's where the SCL-IQQ-LPB flight departs from, and no way to get back into international since immigration would be required and LAN staff say no entry since my flight is leaving from domestic.

Everyone got off plane in IQQ, those going on to LPB did exit immigration in IQQ.

Last edited by jigri2003; Jul 26, 2014 at 9:31 am Reason: Updates for IQQ and LPB
Old Jul 27, 2014, 12:35 am

Programs: On the way to lowly LATAM Gold, AA, MiClub Lider
BUMP, as the OP modified their last post with what really happened.

Personally, I would still be concerned about a USA-SCL-IQQ-LPB bag check but I'm glad it worked for the OP.

Another subject, I've never heard of someone being able to go to international transit for lounge access if they had a stop or termination at SCL and then leave that area to go through immigrations formalities when they personally decide. Anyone?
Old Jul 27, 2014, 6:28 am

Not really what you asked for, Viajero Perpetuo, but I've heard stories of people having to board the IPC-PPT (on their way to IPC) flight from the international terminal and not being able to use any of LAN's lounges because of destination.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 1:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just thought to add my question of checking bag trough.

I do gave a Punta Arenas flight to Santiago which will arrive at SCL AT 0:30 am and an flight to Easter Island that depart at 9:30 am.

Both flights are on the same ticket - the question is can I check the bag trough as I think of skipping the 150 USD holiday inn reservation and just catch a fee hours inside the terminal A aka after security.

Which only make sense for me as solo traveller If I don't have m check in luggage with me

Could this work?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.