Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting in EZE

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2014, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat
Question Connecting in EZE

We are planning a weeklong trip to SA this fall and currently have our main international flights booked. AA J JFK > EZE We would like to visit EZE, MDZ and SCL during our travels.

Our flight home on 12/6 to JFK departs EZE at 9:45 PM. We were hoping to use AVIOS to book our intra-SA segments but the availibity for our travel dates is quite slim so it appears as though we will be booking revenue tickets.

Considering the departure time on 12/6 what is the latest we should arrive to EZE from SCL? There are appear to be two options arriving at either 16:25 and 20:05 (We would prefer to fly direct to EZE and not transfer from AEP)

If we check bags will LAN check them in from SCL > JFK (AA Plats here)
Old Apr 25, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Unfortunately, I would arrive EZE at 16:25 from SCL. If the later flight experiences a delay, you could be out of luck for your AA flight. I also don't trust the ground staff at EZE to get your bags to the right place so quickly (see below).

LAN will check bags all the way to JFK, just show your connecting ticket/itinerary when you check in. As PLAT you can check in at the Preferente check-in at SCL, and they have a good handle on what they're doing. I usually check with the AA desk at the LAN Salon VIP (the new AC might be open by then) at EZE to "verify" that my bags would make it, which usually results in a few frantic radio calls since connecting through EZE from SCL is so rare, and they often just take the bags to baggage claim without really looking at the tags. An ounce of prevention...
Old Apr 25, 2014, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by zpaul
As PLAT you can check in at the Preferente check-in at SCL, and they have a good handle on what they're doing.
Not to hijack the thread too much, but what is the current state of the Preferente check-in (location, access to the preferente migracion, etc.) - Things were getting pretty torn up on my last visit.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 3:53 pm

Programs: OW Emerald SPG Platinum/Lifetime Gold
The elite check-in at SCL is still there; just not where it used to be. It's now after the restrooms.
All is still torn-up so you have to look for the sign. Sorry that I can not tell you exactly which door to enter since I mistakenly used the old (last door) entrance a couple of weeks ago and was surprised not to find the check-in where it used to be.
Old May 2, 2014, 9:45 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Not to hijack the thread too much, but what is the current state of the Preferente check-in (location, access to the preferente migracion, etc.) - Things were getting pretty torn up on my last visit.
Doors 4 and 5 are best for Preferente Check-In. If you enter through 4, go to the left - it's right between the "main" check-in counters and PDI. From door 5 it's pretty much a straight shot in, veering a bit to the right.

Currently hidden by white drywall, but the entrance is there if you look for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.