Search

Schedule change alert

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2014, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
Schedule change alert

At least longhaul via LIM - I thought I was already safe for June, but oh no. (Times are approximate)

LAX/LIM/EZE turned into a 13+ hour LIM connection - it looks like there was still an AM LIM/EZE, but it is now an A320, and there was only 1 W seat left (and probably the kind of downgrade from J that they won't process without consent). EZE arrival at approx. 730p

EZE/LIM/LAX turned into a "you're leaving the next morning and getting to LAX at 730 PM instead of 800 AM

After a long but pleasant call with a few long hold times, I am flying LAX/SCL/EZE (1 stop LIM) with a great SCL connection time and I consented to W class on the SCL/EZE. I am returning EZE/SCL/LAX (1 stop LIM) with a decent connection time @ SCL.

Absent the rare equipment change for 601/600 @ LIM, I am thrilled I don't have to enter the terminal, and not displeased that I leave EZE prior to peak departures hour!

When I initially saw the schedule change, I nearly plotzed!
Old Apr 23, 2014, 9:12 pm

Programs: LATAM PASS Black Signature, AA EXP 3MM, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
At least longhaul via LIM - I thought I was already safe for June, but oh no. (Times are approximate)

LAX/LIM/EZE turned into a 13+ hour LIM connection - it looks like there was still an AM LIM/EZE, but it is now an A320, and there was only 1 W seat left (and probably the kind of downgrade from J that they won't process without consent). EZE arrival at approx. 730p

EZE/LIM/LAX turned into a "you're leaving the next morning and getting to LAX at 730 PM instead of 800 AM

After a long but pleasant call with a few long hold times, I am flying LAX/SCL/EZE (1 stop LIM) with a great SCL connection time and I consented to W class on the SCL/EZE. I am returning EZE/SCL/LAX (1 stop LIM) with a decent connection time @ SCL.

Absent the rare equipment change for 601/600 @ LIM, I am thrilled I don't have to enter the terminal, and not displeased that I leave EZE prior to peak departures hour!

When I initially saw the schedule change, I nearly plotzed!
It's that time of the year. LAN Argentina's 767s require routine C-checks, hence the temporary a/c swap to the A320. The 767 returns to the route in August.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SCL767
It's that time of the year. LAN Argentina's 767s require routine C-checks, hence the temporary a/c swap to the A320. The 767 returns to the route in August.
I'm not so sure that is all that is up. In Jan 15, I'm booked on the route and my flight is still showing, my seats are still showing (and on the seat map), but they are the only 2 seats booked in the cabin, and it is J0D0I0.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 4:41 am

I'm not so sure that is all that is up. In Jan 15, I'm booked on the route and my flight is still showing, my seats are still showing (and on the seat map), but they are the only 2 seats booked in the cabin, and it is J0D0I0.
LAN Argentina deploys the A320 on the EZE-LIM route every Saturday and Sunday instead of the 767. LAN Argentina deploys the 767 on the EZE-LIM route Monday through Friday. LAN Argentina operates EZE-MIA daily with the 767 and EZE-PUJ-MIA on the weekends with the 767. Remember 4M only has two 767s.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

LAN Argentina deploys the A320 on the EZE-LIM route every Saturday and Sunday instead of the 767. LAN Argentina deploys the 767 on the EZE-LIM route Monday through Friday. LAN Argentina operates EZE-MIA daily with the 767 and EZE-PUJ-MIA on the weekends with the 767. Remember 4M only has two 767s.
I'm talking about LP 767s.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:08 am

I'm talking about LP 767s.
Are the flight numbers:
2429 LIM-EZE
2428 EZE-LIM
These flights are showing operated by the 767; however LAN has not released J inventory. LAN could be in the process of changing the routing of these flights to either LIM-EZE-SCL-EZE-LIM or SCL-LIM-EZE-LIM-SCL or LAN may deploy the 787 on this route. At one point in the schedule on LAN.com they displayed LIM-EZE-SCL as a 787 through flight operated by LP...

Last edited by SCL767; Apr 24, 2014 at 10:30 am
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Are the flight numbers:
2429 LIM-EZE
2428 EZE-LIM
These flights are showing operated by the 767; however LAN has not released J inventory. LAN could be in the process of changing the routing of these flights to either LIM-EZE-SCL-EZE-LIM or SCL-LIM-EZE-LIM-SCL or LAN may deploy the 787 on this route. At one point in the schedule on LAN.com they displayed LIM-EZE-SCL as a 787 through flight operated by LP...
We've got 2 J seats on 2428 in January. Then, they zeroed out the J cabin.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 3:14 pm

What did LAN say? They are probably programming the Northern Summer 2015 schedule and it's possible that there will be schedule changes as usual. However, those flights still appear as 767 operated flights.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

What did LAN say? They are probably programming the Northern Summer 2015 schedule and it's possible that there will be schedule changes as usual. However, those flights still appear as 767 operated flights.
Didn't talk to them nor even want to touch that reservation yet. (It is an AS partner res.) Besides, a reservation agent won't even notice anything wrong with them. Seat maps are up, Y is fine. It was my June one that created all the imminent tsuris.

I'm used to the chronic res changes, but I've never seen anything like the J cabin zeroed out like that before when the flight is still showing as operating with the same equipment.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 5:45 pm

Didn't talk to them nor even want to touch that reservation yet. (It is an AS partner res.) Besides, a reservation agent won't even notice anything wrong with them. Seat maps are up, Y is fine. It was my June one that created all the imminent tsuris.

I'm used to the chronic res changes, but I've never seen anything like the J cabin zeroed out like that before when the flight is still showing as operating with the same equipment.
I would wait a few days to see if LAN changes the schedules. It appears that LAN is going to change certain flights operated by LP starting in August or it maybe just an error. But these flights are completely zeroed out:
LA2427 LIM-EZE-SCL 767 (OP by LP)
LA2426 SCL-EZE-LIM 767 (OP by LP)
Old May 30, 2014, 11:50 am

LAN PERU changed the flight numbers on the LIM-EZE route. For January 2015:
LA2425 LIM-EZE 767 J cabin available
LA2427 LIM-EZE 767 J cabin available
LA2426 EZE-LIM 767 J cabin available
LA2424 EZE-LIM 767 J cabin available
Old May 30, 2014, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

LAN PERU changed the flight numbers on the LIM-EZE route. For January 2015:
LA2425 LIM-EZE 767 J cabin available
LA2427 LIM-EZE 767 J cabin available
LA2426 EZE-LIM 767 J cabin available
LA2424 EZE-LIM 767 J cabin available
And so they switched us to LA4600 in W class - which is showing as a completely 0d out flight with almost no seats assigned (except ours are showing as blocked in W). I'll wait a few days (haven't heard yet from AS, and this is a partner award), but I'm tempted to see if they'll move us to EZE/SCL/LAX, which is a routing that is less likely to have further material changes.
Old May 30, 2014, 12:04 pm

And so they switched us to LA4600 in W class - which is showing as a completely 0d out flight with almost no seats assigned (except ours are showing as blocked in W). I'll wait a few days (haven't heard yet from AS, and this is a partner award), but I'm tempted to see if they'll move us to EZE/SCL/LAX, which is a routing that is less likely to have further material changes.
Major schedule changes are well underway...On a side note, LA602/LA603 will soon be loaded in the GDS.
Old May 30, 2014, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Major schedule changes are well underway...On a side note, LA602/LA603 will soon be loaded in the GDS.
I've been waiting for that. (If you notice it happening send a PM!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.