Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Best way to search for award seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best way to search for award seats

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2014, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Best way to search for LAN award seats

I have AA miles that I want to use to redeem one award ticket on a LAN flight. I've tried multiple dates on the british airways site, AA.com site, and the LAN site and no LAN flights show up at all.

What's the best way to search for LAN award seats? thanks.

Last edited by rtraveler; Mar 2, 2014 at 2:47 pm
Old Mar 4, 2014, 1:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, WN CP
Call AA. none show up online on the AA.com award search :-(
Old Mar 4, 2014, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
BA is your best option (to search) but some routes (domestic) will not show up in their system.
Can you tell us what route are you looking for? but my best advice, get it 330 days in advance, otherwise LA will remove those seats even if nobody got them, at least for OW Partners.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by Sunburn644
Call AA. none show up online on the AA.com award search :-(
And you may need to make multiple calls as their connection to LAN for awards seems frequently to be down.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by fedechat
BA is your best option (to search) but some routes (domestic) will not show up in their system.
Can you tell us what route are you looking for? but my best advice, get it 330 days in advance, otherwise LA will remove those seats even if nobody got them, at least for OW Partners.
I was able to use my avios to book on LAN for September 2014, I just booked this past Monday and there were plenty of award seats (I believe 7 each day on each flight). This was LAX to LIM. For LIM to CUZ I had to call BA directly.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 10:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Originally Posted by SuperDudley
I was able to use my avios to book on LAN for September 2014, I just booked this past Monday and there were plenty of award seats (I believe 7 each day on each flight). This was LAX to LIM. For LIM to CUZ I had to call BA directly.
Yes, but that was on LP, but OP asked what was the best way to search, and BA is the best, but if you want to get your seats the day you want it, you should do it 330 days in advance. There are routes that are hard to get, like MIA-EZE-MIA, PPT-IPC-PPT or SCL-AKL
Old Apr 24, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by fedechat
fedechat - Perhaps you can help

We were looking for the following but nothing comes up on BA. The BA call center many stated that many times they are unable to see availability.

12/1 BUE > MDZ
12/3 MDZ > SCL
12/6 SCL > EZE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.