Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lan Seat Selection

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2014, 5:31 am

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
Hi EDIflyer. No, LAN T fares (economy award) didn't used to allow seat selection until T-48, probably still doesn't. Except just recently for LAN Comodoros but things seem to be achanging. Although I think you are Emerald (BA G?) they don't extend this to other OneWorld. But who knows if you call in.
The possibility of seat selection in economy awards depends on... I don't know what. I've had two awards on LAN (domestic Chile). I was able to select seats in one of them (I even got row 2 and I have no status whatsoever), for the other one I got the endless wheel spin.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 10:07 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Hi EDIflyer. No, LAN T fares (economy award) didn't used to allow seat selection until T-48, probably still doesn't. Except just recently for LAN Comodoros but things seem to be achanging. Although I think you are Emerald (BA G?) they don't extend this to other OneWorld. But who knows if you call in.

They have sort of solved the spinning wheel problem for LAN flights, LAN tix, it does sometimes inform you the fare class does not allow it, but I don't think it has been solved for other tix. But for sure, major frustration to watch the wheel spin. Silly on them.
Originally Posted by krzysz
The possibility of seat selection in economy awards depends on... I don't know what. I've had two awards on LAN (domestic Chile). I was able to select seats in one of them (I even got row 2 and I have no status whatsoever), for the other one I got the endless wheel spin.
Thanks, both - sounds like the spinning wheel is saying something after all! The booking is for my parents so only OW Ruby status - is it worth trying either BA or LAN call centres to see if they can do anything with the seats? It's just I'm aware they'll be at T-48 to check-in when already abroad so it might be handy for them to be in slightly better seats in case they can't get wifi working in their hotel!
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Thanks, both - sounds like the spinning wheel is saying something after all! The booking is for my parents so only OW Ruby status - is it worth trying either BA or LAN call centres to see if they can do anything with the seats? It's just I'm aware they'll be at T-48 to check-in when already abroad so it might be handy for them to be in slightly better seats in case they can't get wifi working in their hotel!
Never hurts to call. And hey, quit being so lazy, they are your only parents, you can check them in at T-48!
Old Jan 13, 2014, 4:45 pm

Never hurts to call. And hey, quit being so lazy, they are your only parents, you can check them in at T-48!
Thanks, will try. Hehe and yes I think that's likely what will happen (I made the booking for them after all) but I'll be on a cheeky wee SQ Suites redemption round about that time so am just trying to adopt a belt-and-braces approach in case of any IT issues
Old Jan 14, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: OW Emerald SPG Platinum/Lifetime Gold
I've never seen the “gold seat” option in J, but others may have? For me, all J seats are pretty much equally nice, what would be a preferred seat? ... one on the other side of the plane from JohnnyC?
2J and 2L are always blocked which I find highly annoying since on the three rows of J config that means there is only one good window seat in J that is reservable.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 11:13 pm

Programs: LX, BA, SQ, MH
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
I was able to choose my seats a few months in advance for a LAN Argentina Business Class flight from EZE-LIM which I booked through Avios.
Then a few weeks ago I put all my upcoming flights in to checkmytrip.com and it shows that my seats have been changed from 2A and 2B to 4A and 4B. When I go back to the LAN.com website it shows as 2A and 2B. Is LAN playing games with me or is checkmytrip.com not correct? They get the data from an Amadeus server I guess so it seems correct and all my other flights on roughly 6 other airlines reflect the correct information.
I only get the spinning wheel now when I try to look at the seatmap.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 7:28 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold

They have sort of solved the spinning wheel problem for LAN flights, LAN tix, it does sometimes inform you the fare class does not allow it, but I don't think it has been solved for other tix. But for sure, major frustration to watch the wheel spin. Silly on them.
For my SCL-MDZ flights next month, this is what shows up:

07 de febrero 2014 Santiago de Chile - Mendoza LA 932
Pasajero Asiento
zpaul La clase o el vuelo no permite reserva de asiento.

No spinning wheel anymore, it just tells you you're too cheap upfront.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by zpaul
For my SCL-MDZ flights next month, this is what shows up:

07 de febrero 2014 Santiago de Chile - Mendoza LA 932
Pasajero Asiento
zpaul La clase o el vuelo no permite reserva de asiento.

No spinning wheel anymore, it just tells you you're too cheap upfront.
Interesting - I'm still getting the spinner regardless of which LAN country website I use. Will try giving them a buzz.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 5:56 am

the colours they are achanging

Recent LP domestic check-in. The preferred seats for Comodoros row 1 used to be coloured gold, the Comodoro colour, with the phrase preferred seats. Now they are coloured green with the phrase available to Emerald. Logical actually, green for emerald and a more descriptive phrase I think suggesting anyone in the Emerald world, not just Comodoros.

Last edited by bingocallerb22; Jan 23, 2014 at 6:03 am
Old Jan 23, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: LAN Commodore
Originally Posted by postular
2J and 2L are always blocked which I find highly annoying since on the three rows of J config that means there is only one good window seat in J that is reservable.
I called yesterday and got two x 2L.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by david_33
I called yesterday and got two x 2L.
Thanks David -- how far in advance of your travel day was that?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 11:43 am

Programs: LAN Commodore
Thanks David -- how far in advance of your travel day was that?
Around six weeks.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by david_33
Around six weeks.
Very interesting. I thought those were only assigned at the airport!
Old Jan 23, 2014, 8:22 pm

David, please tell me your secret. I tried calling (as a Comodoro) to get 2L and I get the same usual "only at the airport" speech. What are you doing that I am doing wrong?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 6:26 am

David, please tell me your secret. I tried calling (as a Comodoro) to get 2L and I get the same usual "only at the airport" speech. What are you doing that I am doing wrong?
Maybe you told them had a wild coat?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.