Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LIM-LAX

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2013, 1:30 pm

Programs: LAN Commodore
Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
OP, I am now seeing lots of LIM-LAX 100k biz availability for first week of December!
Found a couple next August also. But its a whopping 200,000 RT. I think I´m going to risk using my upgrades. Will only be about 60,000.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 3:44 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Yes, but... you are looking far out, surely they will load different availability at some point. But a strategy could be grab the econ award at 48k just in case and keep an eye out to change (for free) to a 100k Biz award when (if) it appears?
Old Nov 4, 2013, 5:11 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
But a strategy could be grab the econ award at 48k just in case and keep an eye out to change (for free) to a 100k Biz award when (if) it appears?
Just wondering, can you really change for free (no extra fees/kms) from economy to business award?

I remember having to do the opposite once (change from a business award to an economy award, although it was for a different date) and we had to refund the first ticket (deduct the penalty in kms) and redeem the new award (and the penalty meant that it ended up costing more kms as the low cost awards were gone, so we would've been better off with the kms the ticket cost in the first place). I remember Comodoros get fees waived for changes, but don't they still have fees for refunds?
Old Nov 4, 2013, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by andreadbc
Just wondering, can you really change for free (no extra fees/kms) from economy to business award?

I remember having to do the opposite once (change from a business award to an economy award, although it was for a different date) and we had to refund the first ticket (deduct the penalty in kms) and redeem the new award (and the penalty meant that it ended up costing more kms as the low cost awards were gone, so we would've been better off with the kms the ticket cost in the first place). I remember Comodoros get fees waived for changes, but don't they still have fees for refunds?
Hmm. Yes, I think technically they refund one to book the other, but for Comodoros free... you'd only pay the difference in KMs of course as expected... but maybe best JohnnyC chime in here, I recall he did it not so long ago...

Also:
Beneficios de la categoría Comodoro

Liberación de cobros por reemisión de sus boletos-premio LANPASS*

En casos de cambios de fecha, ruta y/o vuelo, podrás reemitir tus tickets premios LANPASS sin costo. Beneficio válido para el titular de la tarjeta y sus acompańantes*.

Last edited by bingocallerb22; Nov 4, 2013 at 7:26 pm
Old Nov 8, 2013, 6:45 am

Yeah, looks like the LIM-LAX problem got fixed because of the biz promotion sale, tons of 100k biz availablity to end of Feb now: http://www.lan.com/es_pe/sitio_perso..._prbsummersale
Old Nov 8, 2013, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Yeah, looks like the LIM-LAX problem got fixed because of the biz promotion sale, tons of 100k biz availablity to end of Feb now: http://www.lan.com/es_pe/sitio_perso..._prbsummersale
See a lot of availability on LAN.com, but not available to other oneworld members.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by aegt123
See a lot of availability on LAN.com, but not available to other oneworld members.
Hopefully that is the next problem they will fix?
Old Nov 15, 2013, 6:04 pm

Well, down to 46k for econ redempton Mar Apr May:

http://www.lan.com/es_pe/sitio_perso...alhnov_lanpass

Madrid 85k, others on sale too
Old Nov 18, 2013, 10:01 am

Programs: LAN Commodore
Well, down to 46k for econ redempton Mar Apr May
But is it the upgradeable fare....
Old Nov 18, 2013, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by david_33
But is it the upgradeable fare....
Is there any other kind of economy award redemption? T fare.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
FWIW, I had good luck booking LAX-LIM-CUZ and return using AA miles in J. (60k round trip) As a benchmark, I booked right around the time AA opened their schedule for the flights- apx 330 days out. For my dates, I booked the 767, and checked back recently to see it went to the 787-900. Hope it stays that way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.