Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comodoro Black

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: LAN Commodore
Originally Posted by andreacm
Finally mentioned something to the team leader and she mentioned that she would write a report and I would get an email confirmation. Of course this wasnt done.
You have to ask for the comment sheet which folds and seals. On an IPC-SCL flight in J, I was given a fruit plate for dessert although some special kind of flan was also an alternative. When I asked what happened to the flan, the FA told me that they were all gone (I was in the back 25% of the cabin). I mentioned that perhaps Comodoros should be given priority, but then dropped the subject. After finishing I went forward to brush my teeth, and saw the ISM and her crew sitting there eating. Lo and behold there was my flan on the ISM´s tray. I stopped, looked at the flan for a few seconds, then at the ISM and continued to the restroom. When I returned to my seat I asked for the comment form. The ISM returned with the form as well as a bunch of chocolate alfajores and other goodies. She was obviously nervous. I accepted the bribe and decided to give her a pass. I sat next to one of the most senior pilots on my connecting SCL-LIM flight. I told him what happened and mentioned the name of the ISM. He wasn´t surprised.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 7:54 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro Black
Thanks for the replies!

The crew was LA.

I submitted an electronic complaint. Will keep you posted about the outcome. I'm flying JFK-LIM this Sunday. Hopefully service will be better! Will report on my experience.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Hey, welcome here, andreacm! The Black list is growing. Let us know.

Met another Black the other day on a LP domestic. Interesting chat. He flies several flights a week and his company buys over 500 flights a week. Has a corporate discount so is disinterested in LAN sales. He calls whenever to book and the agent automatically assigns him his seat, no matter if well outside the 48 hours. I guess so! Such a good customer and he wasn't given the greeting, in fact rarely or only on international flights. And he had to eat the silly LP snack... you'd think they would give him a hot meal.. you know, the ones I saw the tripulación eating behind the curtain later and could smell in row 1.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 9:04 am

Programs: OW Emerald SPG Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Welcome Andreacm. I'm curious as to whether your status had been updated to be reflected in the reservation. Sometimes after moving up in status the FF number has to be taken out and re-entered. Not that what you experienced is acceptable for any passenger much less someone who was at least registered as Emerald in the flight manifest.

On a related note, that you were treated poorly at LIM comes as no surprise to me.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 4:08 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro
The lack of care for FF´s in Lima seems to be a norm. I have experienced this many times and I am more than used to it. I think that the treatment received from the LAN staff generally comes down to the mood and will of the team looking after the elite cardholders on the day...especially when it comes to LAN!! I have become accustomed to the way they deal with us and, when I receive an unusually nice welcome I enjoy it 
Old Feb 9, 2014, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LATAM Black Signature, SPG Ambassador LT Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Hi folks
Had my first Comodoro Black experience today on LA600, all the way to LAX. Two crews (they changed in LIM), two Special Services ladies and... nada, nothing, zilch. Not any hint of status recognition, greeting (even the regular Comodoro one), offer to help with one's needs... a total fiasco. I could be a lowly Premium and wouldn't have noticed the difference.

Let's hope the return flight is better... very malo LAN.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by BonzoLed
Hi folks
Had my first Comodoro Black experience today on LA600, all the way to LAX. Two crews (they changed in LIM), two Special Services ladies and... nada, nothing, zilch. Not any hint of status recognition, greeting (even the regular Comodoro one), offer to help with one's needs... a total fiasco. I could be a lowly Premium and wouldn't have noticed the difference.

Let's hope the return flight is better... very malo LAN.
I certainly hope you have reported this. Totally unacceptable given the published benefits!
Old Feb 9, 2014, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LATAM Black Signature, SPG Ambassador LT Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by postular
I certainly hope you have reported this. Totally unacceptable given the published benefits!
I'm giving them the chance to redeem themselves on my return leg. Let's see how they handle it.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by BonzoLed
I'm giving them the chance to redeem themselves on my return leg. Let's see how they handle it.
That seems a risky strategy if the problem turns out to be that if your ticket was bought under your old status the new status may not be reflected in the booking. I would a least give them a call to refresh your FF# in the record. Why set your self up for two disappontments?
Old Feb 10, 2014, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by postular
That seems a risky strategy if the problem turns out to be that if your ticket was bought under your old status the new status may not be reflected in the booking. I would a least give them a call to refresh your FF# in the record. Why set your self up for two disappontments?
The ticket was bought already with the status. Besides, boarding pass only shows Emerald status, as the passenger list that the FAs have does.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 1:41 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
Based on this thread it's starting to look like the ground staff attitude is getting into the airplane. I hope things are better onboard when I have head down to Lima in April. I've basically written off the LIM ground people but it's a sad day when their attitude is getting up in the air.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 2:35 pm

On my return flight (JFK-LIM) the service from the ground staff was much much better.

In the air, the service was no different than when I was Comodoro or Premium Silver.

I called to check and my new Comodoro Black status is already in the system.

Its too bad Lan created this new category and they are not able to deliver what they offer. It would have been better if they hadn't done anything and create false expectations.

Have some trips programed for March or April. Will report then. I hope someone from Lan reads this thread!
Old Feb 10, 2014, 2:53 pm

I think this is really outrageous! Heads should be rolling somewhere.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 3:06 pm

And btw, I wrote a scathing complaint through their website.

I just checked and it appears that my case is "Closed" even though I never received a reply to my case.

According to Peruvian legislation, they have to answer to any complaint. Absolutely ridiculous Lan.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS, Copa ConnectMiles Gold
Originally Posted by andreacm
And btw, I wrote a scathing complaint through their website.

I just checked and it appears that my case is "Closed" even though I never received a reply to my case.

According to Peruvian legislation, they have to answer to any complaint. Absolutely ridiculous Lan.
I've twice attempted to communicate with LAN via the website "contact us" option. In neither case did anybody ever contact me. I assume this feature of the site is just for show. I wonder if anyone ever does read the comments submitted this way?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.