Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comodoro Black

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2013, 9:22 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
The difference in the qualifying terms is that the 210.000 km have to be on LAN+TAM only and the 100-150.000 km for Comodoro can also include oneworld kms. The only extra benefit that I've noticed is the Special Services thing...
Old Feb 1, 2013, 7:22 am

Programs: LAN Commodore
I never received anything, but its on the Peru LAN website.

Last edited by david_33; Feb 5, 2013 at 2:35 pm
Old Feb 1, 2013, 8:47 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
I wonder if this 4th tier is more in response to the TAM merger or if the OW airlines are all moving in that direction. While it does have some "Concierge Key"-esque services, it's a published tier with defined qualification rules, which CK is not.

I guess Comodoro Black will be OW Emerald? Can't see OW introducing a whole new tier just for LAN (although I think JL has more than three tiers, too).
Old Jan 6, 2014, 7:06 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro
Comodoro Black

I am now a Comodoro Black member so I thought I would comment. I have travelled a few times since obtaining this status and I can say that the difference is only noticeable in the airport check-in desk (if it is a LAN desk) and on-board the aircraft. Other than this, there is no difference. You a special attention when checking in and you are acknowledged on-board as a VIP client. You also seem to obtain a quicker service when you call the Contact Centre
Old Jan 6, 2014, 7:55 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Welcome to FT JohnAReid!
Now we have two, so our other favourite Comodoro Black will not feel so lonely!
You have not met the "Ladies in red" yet?
Old Jan 6, 2014, 10:53 am

Programs: OW Emerald SPG Platinum/Lifetime Gold
"The ladies in red". Every time you say that I always think of this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xy9i4zY58c
Old Jan 6, 2014, 12:24 pm

I become paralyzed and my day dream invaribaly goes somewhere else...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItfyoMvJnx0
Old Jan 6, 2014, 3:22 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
I become paralyzed and my day dream invaribaly goes somewhere else...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItfyoMvJnx0
Sorry Bingo but I have been forced to report you to the mods for your contravention of rules.

http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#q88

"Individuals who post offensive material or links to such will be subject to disciplinary action."

Take it like a man
Old Jan 6, 2014, 4:36 pm

Ah gosh. And it such a romantic song! Maybe you were too distracted to listen to the words...

or, knowing you are multilingual enough to sing Portuguese, maybe too busy singing along with the sub-titles?

(and you can name that movie)

Last edited by bingocallerb22; Jan 6, 2014 at 4:54 pm
Old Jan 7, 2014, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: LATAM Black Signature, SPG Ambassador LT Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Hey JohnAReid

Always two there are, a master and an apprentice... (Yoda said that!)
Old Jan 7, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
Now that we're on the master and apprentice thing I'm curious. Just how many Comodoro Blacks are actually on FT? I can't believe there's only two!
Old Jan 7, 2014, 2:53 pm

Programs: OW Emerald SPG Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ttuna3
Now that we're on the master and apprentice thing I'm curious. Just how many Comodoro Blacks are actually on FT? I can't believe there's only two!
Oh, I can. We are just a tiny sliver of the real-world FF population.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro
Comodoro Black

Indeed, I have met the ladies in red from LAN as well as the ladies in blue from TAM. I have to say that the ladies in blue gave me a much better service than the ladies in red. I was pleasantly surprised at the level of service that TAM give to the LAN elite members.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 9:55 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro Black
Hi All! New member here, although have been following the blog for a while.

Decided to post just to tell about my experience on my last Lan flight, Lima-NYC.

Was excited to experience the new treatment since gaining new status to Comodoro Black, up from Comodoro.

All I can say was that this particular flight was the WORST Lan experience I have ever had. Bar none.

At the airport, they barely allowed me to check-in in the Business Counter even though I had a Business Class ticket and Comodoro card.

On the counter, barely a hello. Nothing. Completely rude.

At the lounge. Two of the ladies in red walked in, asked the attendant to point them to some older gentleman that was sitting close to me, introduced themselves, then looked around for 2 seconds and walked out.

On the plane, head of service said hi to 2 older gentleman then went on to not say hello to me and was ignored the rest of the flight by everyone. Everytime I asked for wine or the breakfast card, was pretty much received with a sigh of annoyance.

Furthermore, they didnt even serve bottled water to anyone on the flight (complained that they had not been brought on the plane in Lima). Fair enough, not their fault. However, then they shouldn't sigh in annoyance when I ask for water. Oh, and my calling button on the remote did not work, so I had to get up and ask for anything that I wanted because, of course, nobody did the rounds of the cabin to check. Too busy chatting noisily in the galley.

Finally mentioned something to the team leader and she mentioned that she would write a report and I would get an email confirmation. Of course this wasnt done.

As I mentioned, worst experience ever flying Lan. Too bad it had to be in my inaugural Comodoro Black flight. Hope its a fluke, although I have seen the service in Lan steadily going downhill. Lucky for them they are the only ones that have a non-stop Lima-JFK, a flight that I do at least once a month. Maybe its because I look younger than my real age. But this should not be an excuse.

Last edited by andreacm; Jan 28, 2014 at 9:56 am Reason: Added something.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LATAM Black Signature, SPG Ambassador LT Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Hey there, welcome to the forum.
Too bad it is in this form . Was the crew LA or LP? I've noticed that the LP service has been specially going not downhill, but stalling since last year... rude FAs, bad service, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.