Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Greetings from the new LAN Salon VIP EZE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2013, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas

I am in shock. A Lovely space, near new Gate 9, upstairs. It is 2 days old. Did I say I was in shock? I´ve been in here about 15 minutes and cannot believe I am at EZE, writing this message on one of the complimentary MAC computers in the lounge. The morning spread is so so, but it is a lovely space, if I didn´t already say so, and if I did, it is because I remain in shock. Pod coffee (Nespresso) by the cup. Based upon the display (not out for service right now), the wine selection looks lovely, too.

It smells kind of like a new car in here.

I remain in shock.

I cannot believe I no longer have to visit the ghetto express lounge, or any of them, at EZE. I imagine other airlines are moving lounges up here as there is an elevator to a lounge floor.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 6:13 am

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I am in shock. A Lovely space, near new Gate 9, upstairs. It is 2 days old. Did I say I was in shock? I´ve been in here about 15 minutes and cannot believe I am at EZE, writing this message on one of the complimentary MAC computers in the lounge. The morning spread is so so, but it is a lovely space, if I didn´t already say so, and if I did, it is because I remain in shock. Pod coffee (Nespresso) by the cup. Based upon the display (not out for service right now), the wine selection looks lovely, too.

I remain in shock.

I cannot believe I no longer have to visit the ghetto express lounge, or any of them, at EZE. I imagine other airlines are moving lounges up here as there is an elevator to a lounge floor.
Thanks Eastbay ---- that IS exciting news. I look forward to being there soon. But I am confused: this is a LAN lounge NOT the Admiral's Club?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 8:14 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold

I remain in shock.

I'm in shock just reading your post...good to hear that things are improving in EZE. I'll try to get a later flight out sometime soon and report extensively on the wines...
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by phlashba
Thanks Eastbay ---- that IS exciting news. I look forward to being there soon. But I am confused: this is a LAN lounge NOT the Admiral's Club?
This is a LAN Salon VIP. Repeat, this is a LAN Salon VIP. There is proper LAN stemware. There are flight announcements. There are modern bathrooms which are quite confusing, as there's no Men or Women direction - they are all unisex individual rooms.

Even though I'm now in Lima, I'm relatively still in shock from this morning's experience, where I was expecting to trek out to the temporary AA lounge.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 1:06 pm

I'm in TOTAL shock. If you weren't you I would say you were dreaming. WOW! ^^^

Why is this not publicized anywhere??? Even the LAN web site still lists the AA lounge only at EZE

I'll be there soon to check it out for myself. Thanks so much for the good news!
Old Jan 10, 2013, 4:32 pm

Programs: LANPASS
Can't believe it! you made my day, i live in Buenos Aires and i always fly LAN or AA! i was sick of the old admirals club, and sick of the newer on they opened for the last months
Last time i was there in late december they didn't even had a toilet on order!
Old Jan 10, 2013, 6:54 pm

Programs: BA Silver, LH SEN
This is a LAN Salon VIP. Repeat, this is a LAN Salon VIP. There is proper LAN stemware. There are flight announcements. There are modern bathrooms which are quite confusing, as there's no Men or Women direction - they are all unisex individual rooms.

Even though I'm now in Lima, I'm relatively still in shock from this morning's experience, where I was expecting to trek out to the temporary AA lounge.
Have you woken up yet from your dream or is this real?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KIXJNB
It was real. So real. Off to the overcrowded SUMAQ lounge in a little while after a day in LIM.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by KIXJNB
Click your heels three times...
Old Jan 10, 2013, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Click your heels three times...
My feet hurt too much. If I had those slippers, I'd already be home.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 9:27 pm

My feet hurt too much. If I had those slippers, I'd already be home.
Oh Eastbay --- there's no place like HOME!
Old Jan 10, 2013, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Oh Eastbay --- there's no place like HOME!
After an hour and a half in the VIP Club (well, SUMAQ was full), you are not kidding. I'm tempted to leave Barman Don Amargo some peso argentino for a tip, because maybe that will get the message across better than no tip for eternally sour service. At least we're camped out in a cool-ish corner and got here before there was little to no seating in here, too.

Ah, the morning started out way too early, but so nice at EZE. Whoda ever thunk?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 2:54 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
The relevant question is..... can AA pax get into this new lounge...????
Old Jan 11, 2013, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
The relevant question is..... can AA pax get into this new lounge...????
As a OW lounge Emerald and Sapphire members can always enter. If you are flying J or F on a OW carrier that is not LAN ---- I am not sure what the policy will be.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 5:59 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
As a OW lounge Emerald and Sapphire members can always enter. If you are flying J or F on a OW carrier that is not LAN ---- I am not sure what the policy will be.
In SCL, of you're in J on AA you have access to the two LAN Salon VIPs and the AC, just as if you're in J on LAN you have access to not only the LAN clubs but also the AC. This goes for Premium Economy on LAN, too, IME. I would expect that it's the same in EZE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.