Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LAN's Boeing 787 first commercial flight

LAN's Boeing 787 first commercial flight

Old Oct 3, 2012, 10:21 am

Programs: LATAM Black Signature, SPG Ambassador LT Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I'm booked for LA455 on Nov 1st on J. Let's see how that big piece of iron handles itself
Old Oct 7, 2012, 2:05 pm

Programs: DL Platinum
Smile

Originally Posted by BonzoLed
I'm booked for LA455 on Nov 1st on J. Let's see how that big piece of iron handles itself
Don't you mean big piece of carbon?
Old Oct 7, 2012, 3:21 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
the tuesday rotation LIM-GYE-LIM seems to be a 787 as well ... LA1630/1631

the strange thing with that is: only economy fare buckets are available ...

Last edited by f0zzyNUE; Oct 7, 2012 at 3:37 pm
Old Oct 8, 2012, 2:56 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.85MM // AS MVPG100K // TK Elite Plus // AA EXP // Bonvoy TE // Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE

Well to get to Lima to make the scheduled flights to GYE tomorrow morning that means the 787 has to fly to Lima tonight! I see that LA600 is blocked out for availability in all cabins...so I'm guessing they are planning to fly the 787 on LA600 tonight. Lucky for me, I am booked on that flight!

If it happens, I will let you all know.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 3:03 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
would be interesting to know how the dreamliner will be utilized for the transfer SCL-LIM - i don't think they can beam the aircraft from SCL to LIM yet and I guess they would not fly the aircraft to LIM without anything loaded - unless they use the transfer flight as training flights ...
Old Oct 8, 2012, 3:39 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.85MM // AS MVPG100K // TK Elite Plus // AA EXP // Bonvoy TE // Hyatt Explorist
would be interesting to know how the dreamliner will be utilized for the transfer SCL-LIM - i don't think they can beam the aircraft from SCL to LIM yet and I guess they would not fly the aircraft to LIM without anything loaded - unless they use the transfer flight as training flights ...
I believe they are going to fly the 787 tonight as LA600 to Lima. Perhaps they blocked off the availability because they don't want to sell any more seats for the flight just in case...because it's the first time it's flying that route commercially and the flight is likely already relatively full. I'm just guessing, but you are correct that they have to get the plane to Lima somehow tonight and it makes most sense to fly it there with some paying passengers.

The only flight from SCL-LIM showing 0 availability across all cabins is LA600, and we've already heard that they plan to fly the 787 on LA600 in the future, soooo...it makes some sense.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 3:45 am

Programs: LAN Commodore
I have been trying to see the seatmap on ExpertFlyer for my 601 return to Lima. For weeks this pops up: "There was an error message from the airline when trying to retrieve this seat map: EQUIPMENT CHANGE IN PROGRESS"

So?
Old Oct 8, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: LATAM Black Signature, SPG Ambassador LT Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jhchaconas
Don't you mean big piece of carbon?
True. I stand corrected
Old Oct 9, 2012, 9:06 am
hmv

Any news on when the MAD-FRA-MAD route will become 787?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 8:20 am
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
It arrived at Lima

Pictures of the Lima arrival!
It looks beautiful
787 at Lima
Old Oct 12, 2012, 4:13 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Mavalenzu
Yeah, I know, sorry if you thought this was going to have the exact itinerary for the 787's first commercial flight BUT.. I think it's time we start speculating times and routes the first flight might be...
So I'm hoping for SCL-EZE, what do you say?
EZE...? I wish, but I dont see it happening. The Argentine regulators have been very unfair with LAN... mind you, EZE is my home town but we dont deserve to get the new LAN flagship to serve this city. I hope Im wrong, but.... Im not keeping my fingers crossed.

My guess is that this plane will be used on LAN's insignia routes, which would have to be from Santiago to Europe.... or perhaps to their flights to Auckland and Sydney (if this bird has the range)...??
Old Oct 12, 2012, 4:14 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by SCL767
Just flew on the inaugural 787 flight to EZE. The entire travel experience was top notch! The flight itself was very exciting and LAN did an excellent job all around. The new IFE system is awesome! Can't wait for the 787 to be deployed on the SCL-LAX route!
Wow.... we did get this bird here....

Question, will LAX be served as non-stop or does the flight do the usual stop in LIM...?
Old Oct 12, 2012, 4:26 pm

You sure? I'm booked on LA 2431 GYE-LIM on Tuesday 4/9/13 and it seems to be a 763... and what I saw for 1630/1631 shows up as a 763 as well, at least on flightmapper.net: http://info.flightmapper.net/flight/...rlines_LA_1630
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:56 am

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Wow.... we did get this bird here....

Question, will LAX be served as non-stop or does the flight do the usual stop in LIM...?
I just saw 787 on the schedule SCL-EZE later this week so I paid the change fee and switched my flight. Hope it will be worth it!
Old Oct 15, 2012, 6:38 pm

More weird stuff. I'm booked on 455 Nov 1st and now it shows that it's being serviced by an A320!?!?! ...!
Went to "My trips" section on lan.com and it shows two SCL-EZE flights on my locator. Funny.
Tried to check if it was a system glitch, but up to Oct 24th 455 appears as "787 dreamliner". Oct 25th onwards appears as A320....

Any similar issues you guys have experienced?

Regards,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.