Flight from LAX-LIM-SCL

Old Jul 27, 2012, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ,starwood gold, fairmont premier,Aeromexico Platino
Flight from LAX-LIM-SCL

Hi there,

I have booked a business class seat on flight 601 from LAX to Santiago with a quick stop in Lima.

I understand that the flight will be there for one hour, arriving at midnight in Lima and leaving for SCL around 1 am. Does anybody know how they do this? Do they make us leave the plane? Customs/immigration involved?

Also, at arrival in Santiago, how do they collect the arrival tax? I believe is like $140 per person. Do they take credit cards??

Thanks for any help
Old Jul 28, 2012, 5:11 am
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Hi!
I suggest that you check out these two threads that mention what to expect on the 601 layover.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lan-l...we-expect.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lan-l...-over-lim.html

As to arriving in SCL, the reciprocity tax/fee is only for passengers with US/AU/CA/MX passports.
It's now $160 for US passports and it's valid for the life of the passport. You can pay with USD or credit card. (relevant thread)

Have a nice trip!
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:09 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by andreadbc
Hi!
As to arriving in SCL, the reciprocity tax/fee is only for passengers with US/AU/CA/MX passports.
And Albanian!
Old Aug 7, 2012, 3:01 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
At SCL the cashier claimed that the CC machine was broken (or offline) on my last visit through. She refused to accept an imprint of my card and I had to pay cash.

I'd recommend carrying enough in case of similar circumstances to avoid unpleasant surprises.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ,starwood gold, fairmont premier,Aeromexico Platino
Thanks for the information. It was very helpful.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.