Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Speculation: Nonstop flight EZE-JFK?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speculation: Nonstop flight EZE-JFK?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2012, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Question Speculation: Nonstop flight EZE-JFK?

I find it very hard to believe but there is only one daily non-stop flight between EZE and JFK (on AA).

Since AR doesn't seem to compete on this route it would seem to be a natural for 4M. I'm really tried of connecting but I won't go back to AA until they get a true lie-flat bed in J. That may happen but not for at least a couple of years. Meanwhile I am stuck with EZE-LIM-JFK or EZE-LIM-GYE-JFK (which nearly kills me!) since LAN doesn't want to let me fly through SCL (never available at a decent price or for upgrade with kms). If they made it easier I wouldn't mind EZE-SCL-JFK as that is the best combo, but surely there is demand for EZE-JFK --- no?
Old Apr 23, 2012, 3:10 am

Programs: AA EXP 1 Million Miles, Hilton Diamond, AMEX Platinum, AA Citi Exec, Hilton Aspire, Bilt
FYI, United just started EWR-EZE non stop as of April 1st (they essentially discontinued the IAD-EZE flight and moved it to EWR-EZE) which brings a second NYC-BUE non stop flight onto the market. Associates of mine just took this new flight and reported it as being half empty mid week. UA, is however, marketing the hell out of it with billboards up all over Buenos Aires. The flight is operated by a three class 767-300.
As to whether I expect LAN to start up EZE-JFK anytime soon, my guess is probably not. Two daily non-stops into NYC area airports probably will cover the current demand.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Yes, I knew about the UA flight but EWR doesn't work very well for me.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I'm keeping all of my "speculation" hopes, thoughts, and otherwise, in check until LAN starts receiving regular 787 deliveries. I believe that a lot of the schedule unpleasantries we've encountered in the past year-plus (i.e., planned increased frequencies not occurring, cutting out underperforming routes pretty quickly before they could develop, etc.) are because of aircraft shortages/optimal utilization.

With respect to JFK, I'd expect that much of the potential high yield business traffic isn't going to want to spend a lot of time and money with Argentina investments these days. So, unless LAN has a lucrative cargo contract that can't otherwise go through LIM or SCL, the route may take awhile. Besides, it would only be one-way cargo, as Argentina isn't letting much stuff in the country.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I'm keeping all of my "speculation" hopes, thoughts, and otherwise, in check until LAN starts receiving regular 787 deliveries. I believe that a lot of the schedule unpleasantries we've encountered in the past year-plus (i.e., planned increased frequencies not occurring, cutting out underperforming routes pretty quickly before they could develop, etc.) are because of aircraft shortages/optimal utilization.

With respect to JFK, I'd expect that much of the potential high yield business traffic isn't going to want to spend a lot of time and money with Argentina investments these days. So, unless LAN has a lucrative cargo contract that can't otherwise go through LIM or SCL, the route may take awhile. Besides, it would only be one-way cargo, as Argentina isn't letting much stuff in the country.
Eastbay, those are ALL excellent points which I had not stopped to consider. When viewed from that perspective, especially considering flights as an import/export issue, I won't be holding my breath for any new routes. In fact, if things continue to deteriorate we may actually see a decrease in flight options between BUE and just about everywhere.

As for LAN at large I agree that the improved and expanded fleet should improve a lot of things!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.