LAN coded operated by TAM

Old Apr 7, 2012, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Finnair Platinum; Intercontinental Ambassador
LAN coded operated by TAM

Quick question,
I haven't flown out of GRU before, but flying GRU-LIM on lan coded TAM operated flight. As oneworld sapphire, is there a lounge i get access to?
Thanks
Old Apr 7, 2012, 7:37 pm

At GRU LAN uses the AA Admirals Club Lounge.
Unless LAN have some special arrangement there Oneworld status will count for nought on a flight not operated by a Oneworld carrier.
My experience at EZE as a AA EXP/OW Emerald flying Business class on a LAN-coded/TAM-operated/AA-issued ticket transiting from a QF 1st class flight was that neither LAN or AA wanted to have anything to do with me. The LAN transit desk had no interest in my questions referring me to the long line at the TAM desk.
Hopefully this will all soon change ? for the better assuming TAM integrates into Oneworld
Old Feb 27, 2013, 8:26 am

Programs: MUCCI, BAEC Silver, A-Club Gold
Sorry to bump this. Did a search and this seems to be the best place.

Due to fly Economy from AEP to GRU on Saturday, I am OW sapphire. The flight is TAM operated but the ticket is on LA code share.

Will I get lounge access as OW sapphire, or do the TAM operated flights only recognise *A?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 8:06 pm

Programs: BA Silver, LH SEN
Nothing to worry about. There is no lounge at AEP.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 3:44 am

Programs: MUCCI, BAEC Silver, A-Club Gold
Originally Posted by KIXJNB
Nothing to worry about. There is no lounge at AEP.
^ Thanks KIXJNB, only flown out of there once before. IIRC there is a good selection of food/drink prior to gate areas.

Definitely no reason to switch back to EZE.

Rich

Last edited by BicesterTerrier; Feb 28, 2013 at 4:38 am
Old Feb 28, 2013, 9:44 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
At GRU LAN uses the AA Admirals Club Lounge.
Unless LAN have some special arrangement there Oneworld status will count for nought on a flight not operated by a Oneworld carrier.
My experience at EZE as a AA EXP/OW Emerald flying Business class on a LAN-coded/TAM-operated/AA-issued ticket transiting from a QF 1st class flight was that neither LAN or AA wanted to have anything to do with me. The LAN transit desk had no interest in my questions referring me to the long line at the TAM desk.
Hopefully this will all soon change ? for the better assuming TAM integrates into Oneworld
Is this still the situation?

I have upcoming JJ coded, LA operated flights and was wondering what was the chance for *G to enter the lounge?

At GRU and LIM, respectively.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.