LAN 24 hour cancellation policy

Old Mar 21, 2012, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Originally Posted by Mavalenzu
Call does go to SCL.. I once used a VOIP service to call the 866 number and when asked about my location (I said CCP) she was like, "this is odd, you have to call again from another phone and the call will be directed to this same call center but we'll be able to help you with chile fares" (all of this in Chilean Spanish)
It varies - when you call the US number, often you will get Patrick at Miami, but if the wait is long it transfers to Chile and they answer as if Miami... but I can see that if you answer you are in Chile, and you want the Chile fares, the US number cannot offer these Chilean fares, only Chile can. Equally if I want the good Peru fares, the US line cannot help me.

You do have to be consider how you answer that question, depending on what you are trying to accomplish.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
You do have to be consider how you answer that question, depending on what you are trying to accomplish.
Wise words from someone who obviously lives or does business on this continent. :-:
Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:51 pm

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Originally Posted by Viajero Perpetuo
Wise words from someone who obviously lives or does business on this continent. :-:
+1 ^
Old May 29, 2013, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
I booked a ticket yesterday on the mx website while I was rushed to catch a flight. I accidentally reversed my first and last names. Will there be a problem to get this changed?
Old May 30, 2013, 8:38 am

Programs: LAN Commodore
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I booked a ticket yesterday on the mx website while I was rushed to catch a flight. I accidentally reversed my first and last names. Will there be a problem to get this changed?
Depends on which fare you purchased. I bought a business class ticket and they wouldnt change the flight to a different time on the same day. This was within 24 hours of purchasing the ticket online in Peru. Well they could have changed it, but wanted to charge me a $250 fine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.