Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lima lounges

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2012, 2:38 pm

Cost of VIP and Sumaq Lounges

What is the cost to access these lounges (Sumaq/VIP)? My husband and I and 4year old twins have a layover in Lima. Will they charge for the children?
Old Apr 13, 2012, 2:52 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Originally Posted by mmfw
What is the cost to access these lounges (Sumaq/VIP)? My husband and I and 4year old twins have a layover in Lima. Will they charge for the children?
Hey, welcome to FT!

The cost is $50 pp if you have to buy your way in. The good news is that your twins are free.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:30 pm

Thank you!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 9:35 pm
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Sumaq is the one you can access as a LAN passenger with status and you can take a guest on the same flight.

Sumaq or VIP Club depends on your preferences, the consensus seems to be that Sumaq is nicer but busier at peak hours

Sumaq has a smoking patio outside, VIP Club kinda has a smoking patio inside. Sumaq has nicer furnishings and a nicer bar area. VIP Club is all sort of white with a tiled floor. Both have exactly the same nibbles. VIP Club has massage chairs.
I've heard Sumaq has the best Pisco Sour, but since it's always crowded, I never enjoy that lounge and always choose VIP Club. If you want to use wifi, avoid Sumaq, it's too slow (busy). VIP Club is the choice again.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA EXP 1MM, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
The Sumaq is airside in international departures. Since you are going to ARQ you will have access to the VIP Caral lounge airside in domestic departures beside H Stern. Open 24/7, has showers, small but comfy. Cost $25 if you do not have Priority Pass.

Enjoy Arequipa, nice, I was just there and tried the Gaston Acurio restaurant there Chi Cha, nice too.
Annoying thing happened to us...
We were just inthat situation (arriving at lim international side around 1130pm and connecting to domestic early next morning). We were very tired and wanted to rest in the caral lounge, but they would not allow anyone to go thru to the domestic side until 2am. We had to hang out until 2am. Tempted to try to goto a hotel but we'd only be able to stay in that hotel for 2-3 hours before having to be back at the airport.

Last edited by 2cardinalalums; Apr 24, 2012 at 10:12 pm
Old Apr 23, 2012, 8:30 am
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by 2cardinalalums
Annoying thing happened to us...
We were just inthat situation (arriving at lim internaltional side around 1130pm and connecting to domestic early next morning). We were very tired and wanted to rest in the catalog lounge, but they would not allow anyone to go thru to the domestic side until 2am. We had to hang out until 2am. Tempted to try to toto a hotel but we'd only be able to stay in that hotel for 2-3 hours before having to be back at the airport.
It's weird (and silly) they announce Caral Vip Lounge is open 24 hours dayly and they didn't let you enter the terminal. Actually since there are no domestic flights after midnight it partially makes sense the terminal would be closed, but then the lounge woluld be closed to, like in other airports.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA EXP 1MM, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Villavic
It's weird (and silly) they announce Caral Vip Lounge is open 24 hours dayly and they didn't let you enter the terminal. Actually since there are no domestic flights after midnight it partially makes sense the terminal would be closed, but then the lounge woluld be closed to, like in other airports.
Yeah, we weren't the only ones. Several other people also stood around until they told us to leave the security area and wait in the food court.

LIM doesn't like us, because we keep having problems that FT thread says should be no issue. on our return yesterday back to the US, the LAN CSR (wouldn't put all 4 of us on the lounge invite) nor Sumaq lounge people didn't want to let us bring our kids into the lounge (we were 2 in J and 2 in Y). On 2nd try with a different person at Sumaq, she let us in reluctantly.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:38 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
SUMAQ VIP Lounge location? Where is the Sumaq lounge located?

Where is the Sumaq lounge located? Thanks!
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:28 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by swdke
Where is the Sumaq lounge located? Thanks!
Impossible to miss.

Head for security. Pass through security. Turn left for international departures (right is domestic).

Straight through immigration + duty free (both sides of path).

You'll be in the gate area which is a long straight hallway. The Sumaq Lounge will be on your left with all others after the Bitt Shopp Newstand.

Note - if flying domestic you will not have access.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 1:57 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Specifically, Sumaq is across from Gate 16 International.
Old May 24, 2012, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Transiting at LIM, questions

I am AA EXP (ow Emerald).

I am in similar situation as some posters upthread pointed out about near midnight arrival, and with connecting flight in next day around mid-day.
My itin is MIA-xLIM-IGU (x=transiting at LIM).
My questions are:
1. Upon arrivial at LIM, am I staying entirely on airside for this connection? (I think it is, but best to check with those who had done it)
2. Is Sumaq lounge opens 24 hours and has showers?
3. Can US citizen obtain entry visa to Brazil at IGU? Or do I must have it before arrival? (realizing this question can be better served by the South America forum).

Thanks
Old May 24, 2012, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by allset2travel
1. Upon arrivial at LIM, am I staying entirely on airside for this connection? (I think it is, but best to check with those who had done it)

Si
2. Is Sumaq lounge opens 24 hours and has showers?

Si

3. Can US citizen obtain entry visa to Brazil at IGU? Or do I must have it before arrival? (realizing this question can be better served by the South America forum).

No. You need to have it before you leave on your trip. A minor PITA.
Old May 28, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
Some pictures i can share about Lima (Sumaq) and Cuzco Lounges..

Sumaq:

Cuzco:

Very good lounge experiences. I have more pictures on demand.
Old May 28, 2012, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
How does this "reservado" table system work? Do you just put a sign on one when you are going to get something?
Old May 28, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
How does this "reservado" table system work? Do you just put a sign on one when you are going to get something?
I don't think they enforce that system at all. Supposedly as i understand this is special seating for MC holders, well that is what the sign wants to imply.

I just entered the lounge and seated there. These tables where located in the center of the lounge, a bit more spacious than the side tables, nothing different. I liked the spot and proceeded to sit there even if both tables had "Reservado". We were a party of 5 persons, so we just linked the tables and chairs, and made a large "hub" jeje.

It's like that sign didn't exist. Nothing happened, all perfect.

If anyone approached into questions i was prepared to show them at least 3 Black MasterCards..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.