Wiki Posts
Search

LA532 Change planes in SCL???

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2011, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
LA532 Change planes in SCL???

I have searched but can not find a definitive answer to this question and LAN has given me two different answers (surprise!):

LAN532 flies EZE-SCL-JFK with a two hour stop in SCL. Now the question is do you actually change aircraft in SCL even though the flight number does not change?

Thanks to any of you who have done this routing; I am sure I have in the past but I don't remember how what happened at SCL. I would much rather stay in my seat --- even for two hours than board twice.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by phlashba

LAN532 flies EZE-SCL-JFK with a two hour stop in SCL. Now the question is do you actually change aircraft in SCL even though the flight number does not change?
Sipo
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Sipo
Huh? Sorry but "sipo" is not in my vocabulary!

Last edited by phlashba; Sep 29, 2011 at 12:31 pm
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:29 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Sipo is "Yes" in chileno.
Kinda like "yep"?
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Then NO SCL STOPOVER FOR YOU. And if you do, NO LOUNGE ACCESS

If there's a crew change, you have to disembark. SCL/EZE is usually served by a SCL/EZE/SCL crew, which also seems to be SCL RT catered. You also might or might not end up on the same aircraft. Also, there is no US-bound security provided for XXX/SCL/USA flights on the XXX/SCL segment. (Note the difference with the SCL/LIM/USA flights where you have the same crew, and you have a gate security check @ SCL).
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Eastbay and Andrea! NOW I understand everything!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks Eastbay and Andrea! NOW I understand everything!
Good. Now, let's hope there isn't a screaming guagua sitting next to you and your pololo/a on the flight.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Good. Now, let's hope there isn't a screaming guagua sitting next to you and your pololo/a on the flight.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 7:07 am

Programs: On the way to lowly LATAM Gold, AA, MiClub Lider
pololo/a
For over 35 inhabitants, that word is a little joven-ish. Older types use "pareja" instead.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Viajero Perpetuo
For over 35 inhabitants, that word is a little joven-ish. Older types use "pareja" instead.
I know not the OP's age - besides, "pareja" takes the theme of the post away, especially if (s)he is drinks a nice cold schop during the connection process at SCL on this "thru flight." - See, easy to keep on topic.

While (s)he might be traveling from the city to EZE on the autopista during the innocently-called hora pico, (s)he better not refer to the crowded evening hour at SCL by the same term.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 3:46 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by Viajero Perpetuo
nah pololo/a is only used by the chilenos, we argentos of all ages use pareja...
Old Oct 1, 2011, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jfkeze
nah pololo/a is only used by the chilenos, we argentos of all ages use pareja...
The issue in the OP relates to an SCL stopover. Pololo it is! You also spell schop funny on the muggy side of the cordillera.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 5:54 pm

Then NO SCL STOPOVER FOR YOU. And if you do, NO LOUNGE ACCESS

If there's a crew change, you have to disembark. SCL/EZE is usually served by a SCL/EZE/SCL crew, which also seems to be SCL RT catered. You also might or might not end up on the same aircraft. Also, there is no US-bound security provided for XXX/SCL/USA flights on the XXX/SCL segment. (Note the difference with the SCL/LIM/USA flights where you have the same crew, and you have a gate security check @ SCL).
1) Has this changed? Do you really mean to tell my I have to sit for two hours and twenty minutes on a plane that sits on the ground?

2) If this has changed, is there an airside lounge and what is the best restaurant airside?

3) What's to prevent me from entering SCL, turning around and going through security so that I can access a lounge, or find something to do OTHER than sit in a plane for 2:20?

Thanks in advance - Jamie
Old Oct 27, 2015, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
1) Has this changed? Do you really mean to tell my I have to sit for two hours and twenty minutes on a plane that sits on the ground?

2) If this has changed, is there an airside lounge and what is the best restaurant airside?

3) What's to prevent me from entering SCL, turning around and going through security so that I can access a lounge, or find something to do OTHER than sit in a plane for 2:20?

Thanks in advance - Jamie
You may have misread my post, or at least the humor in it.
You will disembark. You will go through transit security. If you have lounge access, you can visit a lounge. I've never eaten in any SCL restaurant on the int'l side. You may or may not get on the same aircraft you left. You will have a new crew.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 3:20 am

You may have misread my post, or at least the humor in it.
You will disembark. You will go through transit security. If you have lounge access, you can visit a lounge. I've never eaten in any SCL restaurant on the int'l side. You may or may not get on the same aircraft you left. You will have a new crew.
Huge relief, and thanks for the quick reply.

Safe travels, Jamie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.