Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

A question about LAN Flt. 601 lay-over in LIM

Old Jun 21, 2011, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

We'll be flying business class on LAN Flt. 601 from LAX to SCL, with a 1 hr. 15 min. lay-over in LIM. Will they leave the air conditioning on during the lay-over? We've been warned NOT to get off the plane during the lay-over and we're taking that seriously. But, is it possible to get off for a few minutes, stay near the entrance of the gate, stretch a bit and get back on the plane again.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:53 pm

i did both, stayed on the aircraft & disembarked, never had any issues
Old Jun 21, 2011, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I've been on 601/600 many times (both as a thru and connecting passenger).

If you get off, you have to go through transit security. If you are near the front of the plane, you should be off the plane, through the security, and back in the gate area within 10 minutes or less. (If you are at a remote (bus) gate, or are delayed, don't even think of getting off the plane.) You need to take your carry-on with you. Don't expect LIM ground personnel to be as generous with your cabin baggage allowance as LAX was, should they be larger and you don't have a permitted cabin baggage tag on them.

Sometimes, the Lima Smell enters the plane when the service doors are opened. Sometimes it doesn't.

One of those "LAN-isms" is when the plane is refueling, they want you at your seat, with your seatbelt off, and no electronics on. Now, they board while this is going on, but this is just how it is. For the first time in I cannot tell you how many flights, a FA recently asked me to turn off my device while seated in J during fueling. So, I suppose if you want to use your device without risk of having to turn it off, get off the plane.

Personally, I stay on the plane. (Rarely, there is an equipment change).
Old Jun 22, 2011, 10:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
Not really sure why you warned not to get off the plane in LIM. In fact the LIM airport was voted best in S. America.

http://www.worldairportawards.com/Aw...t_samerica.htm

As far the Lima smell, that is called the ocean!
Old Jun 22, 2011, 12:58 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
A few times on 600 they have not allowed us off in LIM. The connection lasted less than an hour, though, so in my mind it's really not worth the hassle. For 601, the airport in Lima is nice but with a connection at 1:00am there's really not that much to see/do.

I just stay on and sleep. The J seats are very comfortable.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.