Wiki Posts
Search

LAN one-way redemption?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2015, 9:13 am
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Originally Posted by duranza
Anyone can tell me how many AA miles it takes from UIO to GPS or from GYE to GPS?
One-way Economy Class mileage award level for travel wholly within Ecuador is 5,000 miles each way.
link
Old Jan 14, 2015, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
deleted.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 11:10 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by andreadbc
thanks for the link.. oh now I see 5k for South America zone 2 asterisk **
Old Mar 14, 2015, 7:54 am
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Originally Posted by OskiBear
For some reason, it's not letting me book. I'm trying to do BUE-MDZ-SCL and the options show up, but when I select, it gives me an error about the pricing?

Any thoughts?
I was trying with another open-jaw today and no success...

Also noticed that the terms & conditions now mention

(was it stated this way before?) It might be true but it's annoying! Why can't they just allow one-way awards, is it really that impossible?
Old Mar 14, 2015, 5:20 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
This is a really sucky change

(was it stated this way before?) It might be true but it's annoying! Why can't they just allow one-way awards, is it really that impossible?
Old Mar 15, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M

I recall seeing the statement about one-way awards in the terms & conditions before, so this is not a new change. The real recent product enhancement is that it doesn't seem to be possible to book open-jaw awards by changing the URL any more.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 10:07 am

Programs: LATAMPASS, Copa ConnectMiles Gold
Originally Posted by krzysz
I recall seeing the statement about one-way awards in the terms & conditions before, so this is not a new change. The real recent product enhancement is that it doesn't seem to be possible to book open-jaw awards by changing the URL any more.
Just curious, how recently did they make this change? Or I should say, how recently did they fix their site to stop the URL change from working?

Too bad, because I did take advantage of this last year to book an intra-Chile open-jaw award. Wanted to book another one for next month.

Wonder what other "enhancements" they'll spring on us next ...
Old May 19, 2015, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by krzysz
GYE-SCY-UIO seems to fit within the rules for open jaws but I can't see how to book it. The URL trick isn't working and there is no place to designate multi-city. I won't have the km until my credit card bonus posts but I am just checking on availability. Is this one where you have to call?
Old May 23, 2015, 9:02 pm

Programs: LATAM Black; AA EXP
I'm unable to book O/J as well... It's been like that for a couple weeks already. If you are booking within a zone you can do this on the call center. Just remind them that since it0s not possible to make these bookings on the webpage they need to waive the booking fee
Old May 27, 2015, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
So they waive the fee if you can't book online? I am still waiting for my credit card miles/km to post. In the meanwhile, bookings to the Galapagos have jumped from 18k round trip from GYE to 22-24k. Is this some kind of devaluation? The same rates are for most dates in 2016. I have a screenshot of a dummy run I did last week where I could have booked at 18k.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 2:30 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
It seems it became absolutely impossible to book any American Airlines using LAN website. When I call they tell me the rep can only book AA flights, not American Eagle flights for me.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by al613
It seems it became absolutely impossible to book any American Airlines using LAN website. When I call they tell me the rep can only book AA flights, not American Eagle flights for me.
Was speaking to a rep last night. She said that AA don't release sets to LAN very long in advance.

No idea if I believe her or not: she also said I can't book a two segment, one way flight but then failed to find /any/ flight BOG-LON-BOG.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by IanWorthington
Was speaking to a rep last night. She said that AA don't release sets to LAN very long in advance.

No idea if I believe her or not: she also said I can't book a two segment, one way flight but then failed to find /any/ flight BOG-LON-BOG.
From my experience some reps cannot find any AA seats for a route. When you HUCA another rep might see plenty of seats. YMMV
Old Mar 29, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: Lanpass, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by al613
HUCA. Some agents haven't figured it out yet. One time I had a long argument because the agent insisted he couldn't book American Eagle flights due to not being part of oneworld. I then followed my own advice, HUCA, problem solved.

I think this also explains why sometimes only AA flights show up when booking awards on Lan.com (and American Eagle flights don't show up).
Old Mar 30, 2016, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by ORDSCL
HUCA. Some agents haven't figured it out yet. One time I had a long argument because the agent insisted he couldn't book American Eagle flights due to not being part of oneworld. I then followed my own advice, HUCA, problem solved.

I think this also explains why sometimes only AA flights show up when booking awards on Lan.com (and American Eagle flights don't show up).
The problem is that even after few HUCA they are not able to see some flights. And I don't want to spent more time on the phone then it takes to drive to my destination

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.