Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAN one-way redemption?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2014, 10:44 am

Programs: AA UA DL CO SW US
Open jaw?

My apologies, but I don't understand how to get the multi-city search to work with Lanpass, as opposed to paid fares. Lanpass is only allowing me to enter one departure and one arrival city. Can't use Avios, b/c there are no flights available to partners SCL-BUE on the date I want. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 11:40 am

I am looking at booking GYE-GPS and GPS-UIO.... Was able to make it work thanks to 3544quebec's trick. Will try to get my SPG points transferred ASAP. Thanks for the contribution!
Old Nov 4, 2014, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Originally Posted by craigpd
My apologies, but I don't understand how to get the multi-city search to work with Lanpass, as opposed to paid fares. Lanpass is only allowing me to enter one departure and one arrival city. Can't use Avios, b/c there are no flights available to partners SCL-BUE on the date I want. Thanks in advance for any help.
You have to change the url address on your browser, take a deep look and you will find the airport codes/dates. This trick will work as A-B, B-C, or A-B, C-A/D.

Example

BUE-SCL-BUE
BUE-MDZ-SCL
BUE-MDZ-BUE-FTE

I did a test the other day, PPT-IPC/AEP-BHI, the total amount was 30K KMs (25K first leg, 5K second leg)
Old Nov 4, 2014, 3:28 pm

Programs: LATAM Black; AA EXP
has anybody been able to book a 3 leg trip with lanpass lately? I play with URL and get it to display the 3 segments but when going to the next page it says I need to choose a flight for the 3rd segment even when I have already done it.
Thanks
Old Nov 5, 2014, 9:38 am

I was not able to do it.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 10:56 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, AS MVP Gold
Hi!

I used the open-jaw trick but did not receive a confirmation email, nor was I able to select seats (the webpage just loads forever). I do however have the reservation code and screenshot that showed my exact itinerary (BUE-SCL and LPB-LIM).

Do you think I will be okay flying these 2 flights? I'm thinking about calling LAN but also afraid of them just telling me that my itinerary is invalid and cancel my booking right away.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

::EDIT:: I checked virtuallythere.com and both flights are shown as "Confirmed"...

Last edited by jazzmailman; Nov 18, 2014 at 11:01 am Reason: more info
Old Nov 18, 2014, 12:46 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Originally Posted by jazzmailman
Hi!

I used the open-jaw trick but did not receive a confirmation email, nor was I able to select seats (the webpage just loads forever). I do however have the reservation code and screenshot that showed my exact itinerary (BUE-SCL and LPB-LIM).

Do you think I will be okay flying these 2 flights? I'm thinking about calling LAN but also afraid of them just telling me that my itinerary is invalid and cancel my booking right away.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

::EDIT:: I checked virtuallythere.com and both flights are shown as "Confirmed"...
Looks like you are
good to go
Old Nov 18, 2014, 1:01 pm

On February I made a reservation for IPC-SCL-CPO and I got the email right away. I had to cancel this flight few days ago, the agent asked me how I made this reservation, I just said "online", she didn't care but she was just curious.

Did you check it online? you can select

"My Trips", "Ticket Details", or "Choose your seating area"
Old Nov 30, 2014, 5:36 am

I have just booked two seperate itineraries using the multicity trick with changing airport codes. Each of them have three legs, giving 6 flights in total. I have the reservation numbers and I'm able to review the itineraries and get ticket number in "my flights" section, however, I am not able to select seats for any of the flights. It is a problem with awards tickets in general, or I will be able to select seats 24/48 hour before each flight? Those flights are booked for March 2015.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by SCLflyer
has anybody been able to book a 3 leg trip with lanpass lately? I play with URL and get it to display the 3 segments but when going to the next page it says I need to choose a flight for the 3rd segment even when I have already done it.
Thanks
Originally Posted by fedechat
I was not able to do it.
I have managed it today without any problems for two seperate itineraries & two passengers. The itineraries booked consists only of intra-Columbian flights:
1) BOG-PEI...IBE-BOG-LET
2) LET-BOG-CTG...SMR-BOG
Old Nov 30, 2014, 10:23 pm

But you did it as 3 one way with stopover on each one?, or your itinerary is A to C with a connection on B?.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 10:32 pm

But you did it as 3 one way with stopover on each one?, or your itinerary is A to C with a connection on B?.
The stopovers are marked with triple dots (Pereira->Ibague & Cartagena->Santa Marta) as well as between those iterinaries (Leticia).
Old Dec 1, 2014, 11:51 am

Oh, but then is not 3 leg flight, just 2 one way with connection. SCLflyer was asking if there is any way we could make a 3 one way (3 legs) with this tick, to take advantage of the cost, for example

SCL-IQQ
IQQ-LPB
LPB-LIM

or

SCL-IQQ
AEP-FTE
USH-AEP

in both scenarios it could cost us as 3 one way awards, otherwise we will need to make 2 2xone way and don't flight the last leg.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
You have to change the url address on your browser, take a deep look and you will find the airport codes/dates. This trick will work as A-B, B-C, or A-B, C-A/D.

Example

BUE-SCL-BUE
BUE-MDZ-SCL
BUE-MDZ-BUE-FTE

I did a test the other day, PPT-IPC/AEP-BHI, the total amount was 30K KMs (25K first leg, 5K second leg)
For some reason, it's not letting me book. I'm trying to do BUE-MDZ-SCL and the options show up, but when I select, it gives me an error about the pricing?

Any thoughts?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 9:31 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Anyone can tell me how many AA miles it takes from UIO to GPS or from GYE to GPS?

I am not a Lan member and it won't let me enroll.. keeps telling me my phone # is incorrect.

Just want an idea of how many miles it would take.. roundtrip.

thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.