Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAN one-way redemption?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2014, 3:26 am

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
I don't think the system calculated the award as two separate roundtrips if A-B//C-D was all booked as one ticket. I just think you have been charged twice for the same trip. My experience at least has been that only one single point deduction is made when booking non-standard itineraries on one PNR/ticket not two distinct deductions. Did each of the 2 legs price out as 5000km during the booking process?
Yes, the two legs priced out as 4000 + 6000 km during the booking process, and the total was 10000 in the booking confirmation I saw on the website. Perhaps I could call them and ask them about the return of the points due to the error. I just hope that they won't become too inquisitive about the non-standard nature of this itinerary.

At first I thought I'd been charged twice for the other, A-B-C itinerary, which I booked first. Initially I logged on to the European page of LAN as I wanted to be charged in euros, but this didn't work out, so I switched on to the US website and made all the reservations there. The European website didn't work out because there is a problem with their payment form there, which apparently is not detailed enough for the payment to be processed. I tried twice, the second time I got an error message together with the booking code (PNR), but there was not ticket number and no booking confirmation. This trip, however, was supposed to be 9000 kms, so it looks like they charged me for the other reservation twice. I am wondering how to contact them and cancel the award (or at least get the 10000 km back charged in error) without having them inquire too much into the non-standard routing. LanPass is closed during the weekend, so I think there is no way of contacting them within 24 hours and being charged $$ for the cancellation.

What I see in my LANPass statement is the following:
-10.000 PREMIO LANPASS
-9.000 PREMIO LANPASS
-10.000 PREMIO LANPASS
It is strange that the two 10.000 charges do not appear in the chronological order. Of course, it would be helpful if the website provided more information about the awards, rather than just "premio lanpass."
Old Jan 5, 2014, 4:43 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Originally Posted by krzysz
Thanks a lot!
The ticket was issued yesterday (with the ticket number), but I got the payment confirmation from LAN only a few hours ago. Still, I am a bit hesitant about calling LAN because it is a non-standard award, in a way. I would like to cancel it though.
The 24 hour clock is still OK? Edit: Just saw answer you just posted.

More answers. Not sure I'd worry too much about it being an odd ticket. I don't know is always a good answer to tough questions. I don't know, I just want to cancel this ticket.

You cannot select seats for an award tix hence you get the spinning wheel.

Remember to call from, say, New York so you get routed to the USA software window and hence the 24 hour cancelation regulations.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 2:40 pm

Programs: LANPASS, Aerolineas PLUS
did anyone gets to combine award on OW (e.g. IB) flights with award on LAN/TAM?
South America to Europe is usually 70k (low up to 50k) but with IB is just 35k.
Problem is, can't get feeder flight on OW to the city in SA where the flight costs 35k. Plenty of LA to choose from though.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 1:01 pm

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
The 24 hour clock is still OK? Edit: Just saw answer you just posted.

More answers. Not sure I'd worry too much about it being an odd ticket. I don't know is always a good answer to tough questions. I don't know, I just want to cancel this ticket.

You cannot select seats for an award tix hence you get the spinning wheel.

Remember to call from, say, New York so you get routed to the USA software window and hence the 24 hour cancelation regulations.
Thanks a lot for your help. I cancelled the ticket, no tough questions were asked. The agent on the phone was very kind and helpful. Initially she wanted to charge me a fee for the ticket cancellation, but I reminded her of the 24 hour cancelation regulation. It was more than 24 hours (I booked the ticket on Friday), but since I called right after the weekend, the regulation since held as the LAN Pass office is closed during weekends. The fact that I was charged 10K twice was indeed a mistake.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, most hotel programs
I tried using the link and it just says "session expired" and redirects me to LAN.com.

I have tried calling LAN about booking segments but verbally they say only RT tickets are available. Has any one tried the link recently?
Old Jan 20, 2014, 10:49 am

Programs: AA EXP
Canceling the return leg?

What happens if you try and just cancel the return leg after you've flown the outbound?

I've got to get from BUE (well really i'm in MVD, but i can take the boat over) to USH (Ushuaia). The paid tickets are $500... i'm sure they'd be cheaper if i paid in blue dollar pesos but i'm not in BA right now so i have to use a credit card online.

If you've got to have two legs, what's the cheapest km terms flight within Argentina in the next year?

I've got 50k km's saved up which i have no real plans on using, i mostly put miles on AA, this was just from a local company credit card. I'll do it, but it does seem like a waste of KM's to have to spend 33,000 to get down there.

Ideas?
Old Jan 20, 2014, 5:50 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
By jove, he's almost got it. In code, the trick with a throwaway isn't the end of the world.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 9:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Originally Posted by rabble
What happens if you try and just cancel the return leg after you've flown the outbound?

I've got to get from BUE (well really i'm in MVD, but i can take the boat over) to USH (Ushuaia). The paid tickets are $500... i'm sure they'd be cheaper if i paid in blue dollar pesos but i'm not in BA right now so i have to use a credit card online.

If you've got to have two legs, what's the cheapest km terms flight within Argentina in the next year?

I've got 50k km's saved up which i have no real plans on using, i mostly put miles on AA, this was just from a local company credit card. I'll do it, but it does seem like a waste of KM's to have to spend 33,000 to get down there.

Ideas?
BUE-USH-BUE should cost you 12k AAdvantage miles , remember is 6k AA each way within Argentina.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by fedechat
BUE-USH-BUE should cost you 12k AAdvantage miles , remember is 6k AA each way within Argentina.
Good luck trying to find an award seat to use AAdvantage miles in Argentina!
Old Jan 23, 2014, 6:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Originally Posted by Bohemiana
Good luck trying to find an award seat to use AAdvantage miles in Argentina!
You have to use LAN.com in order to find the lowest redemption km which will be available when you call AA, BA or QF search will not show those seats anymore, which means IKS/AwardNexus is useless to check those flights (LA operated for 4M)
Old Jan 27, 2014, 8:04 pm

Seems to have worked

I tired calling the expat desk and they couldn't get any availability. Then i tried the url trick, with the lowest km route inside of Argentina i could find, 3,500km.... and it worked. Took several tries to get the dates right, but the tickets seem have gone through.

Thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2014, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by rabble
I tired calling the expat desk and they couldn't get any availability. Then i tried the url trick, with the lowest km route inside of Argentina i could find, 3,500km.... and it worked. Took several tries to get the dates right, but the tickets seem have gone through.

Thanks!
I have tried that URL trick I saw on a different thread but it takes me to my LANPASS sign in page. What am I doing wrong? Can you detail it here? I have called AA (and BA) nearly every day to check for LAN availability and there is none on any leg even on half a leg into Buenos Aires.

I'm trying to go from Mendoza to El Calafete and then from El Calafete to Buenos Aires.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Bohemiana
I have tried that URL trick I saw on a different thread but it takes me to my LANPASS sign in page. What am I doing wrong? Can you detail it here? I have called AA (and BA) nearly every day to check for LAN availability and there is none on any leg even on half a leg into Buenos Aires.

I'm trying to go from Mendoza to El Calafete and then from El Calafete to Buenos Aires.
I have LAN km's which i used with the trick. I don't think it works with partner awards. You have to have the km's with LANPASS.

I did try calling AA and they couldn't book me a miles award either one way or return because LAN hadn't released any availability to partners.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Just to confirm, for partners like BA, I can book a itinerary like DFW-LHR-BOM through the call center right?
Old Feb 6, 2014, 5:59 am

Programs: LANPASS, Aerolineas PLUS
You mean to get BA flights with LANPASS Kms? You can call, yes, but they won't give you OJs unless finishing inside the same departure country. I tried 5 HUCA to different CS locations in the past month with no luck. If you want OJs only way is via web (where it's damn hard to get OW flights to appear)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.