FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   LATAM | LATAM Pass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latam-latam-pass-689/)
-   -   LAN South America Airpass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latam-latam-pass/1191069-lan-south-america-airpass.html)

Minos Mar 5, 2011 10:05 am

LAN South America Airpass

Hi there,

I am planning amulti hop in South America using the LANPASS. Apparently, the terms or conditions requires an Intl ticket on LAN, OneWorld and United, Air China and SAA outside of South America.

However, in the process of reserving the intra South America multi-hop ticket on the LAN website, I did not see any reference to ticket numbers for the onwards and outwards intl ticket. How do they check?

I am curious because I would like to use my FF miles acquired on Air France to go from Atlanta to South America on Delta. (I live in ATL where LAN does not go anyways and using an award would be much cheaper)

Any more info from one who has benefited from this pass?

Minos

Eastbay1K Mar 5, 2011 10:19 am

I believe you need to put the LAN reservation # somewhere in the process.

(I'm going to ask someone to change your title to LAN South America Airpass as to not confuse the post with the general Lanpass frequent flyer program.)

Minos Mar 5, 2011 10:43 am

Yeah.Sorry for the confusion. MAybe I can change it myself??

This being said, onthe reservation up to the credit card information form, there was zero mention of any on and outward ticket number. I am surprised actually.

Minos

Eastbay1K Mar 5, 2011 11:00 am

Originally Posted by Minos (Post 15980380)
Yeah.Sorry for the confusion. MAybe I can change it myself??

This being said, onthe reservation up to the credit card information form, there was zero mention of any on and outward ticket number. I am surprised actually.

Minos

Interesting. When I was looking at booking one of these last year, I had to put the international PNR# in the reservation to continue.

f0zzyNUE Mar 8, 2011 1:38 am

you have to distinguish between a south america airpass booking (follow the link on the LAN website where as first step you have to enter your inbound information to south america) and a "normal" multi-city-booking.

there are a lot of LA fares in south america where it is cheaper to buy a multi-city-ticket instead of the south american airpass. so check out both options before purchasing your itinerary.

JohnnyColombia Mar 8, 2011 1:47 pm

Funny I had a look at this on Saturday and they asked me for inbound reservation number after picking at least three legs to proceed from the planner. I arrived with LAN, might be different for arrivals on other airlines.

I'd echo what f0zzy said, search the same itinerary on aa.com with a multi city search remembering to click the "all carriers" option in additional search options.

Should give you a "one world" option which will be LAN. Price often drops substantially if you throw in a city pair that LAN doesn't serve directly, such as UIO to BOG, will give you UIO LIM BOG and sometimes UIO GYE LIM BOG

Buying deep discount LAN tix on AA issues you with an AA 001 ticket number and 9 times out of 10 you get 100% LANPASS kms rather than the 25% you'd get with the same itinerary on a LAN ticket number. AA uses QPX so it is often quicker to fiddle with itineraries on Matrix then feed them into AA.com

OskiBear Mar 9, 2011 12:40 am

same thing happened to me. I used a lan southamerica airpass in 2009 and it worked great - good fares and flexibility to make changes for a $50 fee.

However, for an upcoming trip (LIM-IPC-SCL-MDZ-AEP), it ended up being a lot cheaper (a few hundred) just booking a multi-city. It books into a different fare code so i don't have the ability to change the flights.

Also, interestingly, i couldn't book on AA. got to the last screen but it got an error. same on orbitz. turns out the tax was miscalculating and it was $50 more and I could only do it on LAN.com

mabramovich Jan 11, 2012 4:17 pm

Is the LAN airpass website working for people?

I have an AA reservation with the MIA-LIM segment operated by LAN, so I think I should qualify for the airpass. When I use their fancy flash thing and select my flights, it says I should be paying 877 and when I go to enter the PNR from the AA flight, the page just refreshes to lan.com.

If I just go through LAN's multicity tool, I end up with fares north of 1000.

bingocallerb22 Jan 11, 2012 4:59 pm

Just tried it 4 u. If I put in an invalid reservation code, it behaves as you say. If I use a valid LAN code, it acts properly and goes to booking the dates page. Apparently it doesn't like your AA code. Try any previous valid international code, the checking engine is pretty dull :)

mabramovich Jan 11, 2012 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by bingocallerb22 (Post 17795971)
Just tried it 4 u. If I put in an invalid reservation code, it behaves as you say. If I use a valid LAN code, it acts properly and goes to booking the dates page. Apparently it doesn't like your AA code. Try any previous valid international code, the checking engine is pretty dull :)

Thanks bingo -- but where can I find an old PNR?

bingocallerb22 Jan 11, 2012 5:48 pm

I guess it depends on your record keeping... any old email ticket confirmation? check my trip? mixed in with your dirty socks, etc

if it is a huge problem pm me I probably have 1 lying around :)

mabramovich Jan 11, 2012 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by bingocallerb22 (Post 17796185)
I guess it depends on your record keeping... any old email ticket confirmation? check my trip? mixed in with your dirty socks, etc

if it is a huge problem pm me I probably have 1 lying around :)

Oh I thought you meant try an old LAN code. I'll try another Oneworld one first.

JohnAx Jan 13, 2012 10:50 am

Originally Posted by bingocallerb22 (Post 17795971)

Just call LAN c/s, give them your AA PNR, and ask for theirs. Telephone quality sucks, and they use unusual phonetics (e.g. B=Baby) which doesn't help, so you may have to ask for a repeat. But at least they know what you want and can provide it instantly.

lacoca Jan 31, 2012 3:47 pm

Is IPC-PPT valid as a segment within LAN airpass? (seems not! :mad:)

anyone has idea which cheap one way solution to get to french polinesia from easter island without purchasing the B full economy fare?

ideas are welcome! :cool:

f0zzyNUE Jan 31, 2012 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by lacoca (Post 17924827)
Is IPC-PPT valid as a segment within LAN airpass? (seems not! :mad:)

anyone has idea which cheap one way solution to get to french polinesia from easter island without purchasing the B full economy fare?

ideas are welcome! :cool:

oneworld award?