Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

U.S. Bank and LAN Airlines Introduce LANPASS Visa Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2010, 10:28 am
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold

http://www.lanpassvisa.com/credit/welcome.do

Press release:
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-...k=MW_news_stmp

Fairly standard:

• up to 20,000 bonus miles the first time they use their card.
  • one LANPASS mile for every dollar
  • double miles on LAN ticket purchases
  • 25 percent mileage bonus on all LAN flights.
  • annual discount of 10 to 20 percent for the first LAN ticket they purchase each year using their card
Old Jul 1, 2010, 10:45 am
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Originally Posted by mia
  • one LANPASS mile for every dollar
LANPASS miles? Are they going to convert that to 1.6 LANPASS kms or something?

Hey, maybe we could compare the LANPASS card benefits that are available at banks in different countries... I think I might open a new thread...
Old Jul 1, 2010, 6:25 pm

Programs: CO Plat
SPG transfers 1 point to 2 Km. I am wondering if the convertion from miles to km will be similar. Anyone has any insight? I know that all LAN reward tickets are measured in KM so it would make sense if a convertion rate is used.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 8:58 pm

From the Terms and Conditions:

Each mile awarded through the LANPASS Visa Card is equal to 1.61 kilometers on your LANPASS account.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 12:38 pm

Programs: Alaska Air
I also noticed on the LAN website that you get a 1km bonus for every km you buy using your LAN credit card. That basically gives you a 50% discount, which could make buying LAN KMs a decent deal.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 1:43 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

Originally Posted by wildway
I also noticed on the LAN website that you get a 1km bonus for every km you buy using your LAN credit card. That basically gives you a 50% discount, which could make buying LAN KMs a decent deal.
Could you please link to this? It sounds interesting...
Old Jul 9, 2010, 1:57 pm

Programs: Alaska Air
Originally Posted by andreadbc
http://www.lan.com/en_us/lanpass/compre_kms/index.html
Old Jul 10, 2010, 12:22 am

Programs: AA EXP
The credit card accumulates miles which T&C's state are equal to 1.61 kilometers. The language on the link posted states "earn 1 mile for every 1 mile you buy". This would all make perfect sense if they sold miles - but they only seem to sell kilometers. Is this just a typo and they meant "earn 1 km for every 1 km you buy"?

If that is so, we would be paying 1 cent per km or 1.61 cents per mile. Sound right?
Old Aug 28, 2010, 8:21 pm

What about the 20% discount? That seems pretty interesting. Could be very useful on a SF0-LIM in B. Worth about $500 so you would max out your yearly rebate with just two trips.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by wildway
Combined with the buy miles at half price, this should be an even better deal.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by abcx
Combined with the buy miles at half price, this should be an even better deal.
Except that I can't find a way to do that. Any suggestions?

The half price is on the Peruvian site and the other offer is on the US site. Do you think if you use the US credit card on the Peruvian you get both?
Old Sep 4, 2010, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by sbedelman
Except that I can't find a way to do that. Any suggestions?

The half price is on the Peruvian site and the other offer is on the US site. Do you think if you use the US credit card on the Peruvian you get both?
Don't forget you'll probably be charged FX by your cc on the Peruvian site
Old Sep 5, 2010, 1:18 am
Ambassador, LATAM

Originally Posted by MyTravels
Don't forget you'll probably be charged FX by your cc on the Peruvian site
Probably not. At least with tickets, the Peruvian site charges in USD (and because most Peruvian bank credit cards are in both US Dollars and Nuevos Soles, this is not an issue for them).
Old Sep 11, 2010, 8:54 am

Probably not. At least with tickets, the Peruvian site charges in USD (and because most Peruvian bank credit cards are in both US Dollars and Nuevos Soles, this is not an issue for them).
Many banks/cc's charge a fee for transactions outside of the US - even if it's in US$. If you're on the US LAN.com site, you're probably okay as it's probably coded as a US point-of-sale, but if you're on the Peruvian site charging US$, most cc's will see it as a foreign transaction at a foreign point-of-sale. There's not FX, but still the FX fee.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 11:47 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Originally Posted by MyTravels
Many banks/cc's charge a fee for transactions outside of the US - even if it's in US$. If you're on the US LAN.com site, you're probably okay as it's probably coded as a US point-of-sale, but if you're on the Peruvian site charging US$, most cc's will see it as a foreign transaction at a foreign point-of-sale. There's not FX, but still the FX fee.
+1. Certainly true for Citi and Chase - don't know about USBank.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.