Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

KE IAH-ICN removed from the website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KE IAH-ICN removed from the website

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
KE might be willing to rebook people onto DL flights.
Rebooking is done mostly (correct me if I'm wrong) via DFW or LAX using AA domestic flight. Yes, I also found it weird.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: KE,OZ,JL,AC,SAS
There has been stories that the next destination for korean air after discontinuing IAH will be BOS or SJC. But however, SJC will be unlikely because they have added another flight to SFO.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: KE,OZ,JL,AC,SAS
Originally Posted by Tanaka07
It's official. Wonder where KE will send the bird instead? Maybe adding PDX/MSP-ICN?

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...e-in-oct-2017/

I'd expect Asiana to jump into IAH-ICN now. Makes more sense star alliance hub to Star alliance hub.
I guess that OZ will not even plan to send their flight to IAH because of their fleet status, and as lot know, if one of the planes go out for mechanical problems, all of other flights will be disrupted. What I have heard till now is that after receiving their A359s, they are planning to add more flights to ORD or FCO/VCE.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 10:08 pm

Programs: ALL Gold, MPC Silver
Originally Posted by jin0906
There has been stories that the next destination for korean air after discontinuing IAH will be BOS or SJC. But however, SJC will be unlikely because they have added another flight to SFO.
Most money is on BOS because someone in the Hanjin controlling family is going to be studying overseas in Boston. KE's previous flight to BOS coincided with Cho Hyun-Ah's(the nut rage lady) studies in Boston.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:55 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Aerosfire
I have an award ticket booked on KE29 ICN to IAH in February. I'm guessing this is going to be cancelled?

I'll be really sad if I get stuck with a bunch of KE miles that used to be Chase Points.
You can always come up to DFW since DFW-ICN is active.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corbomite
Most money is on BOS because someone in the Hanjin controlling family is going to be studying overseas in Boston. KE's previous flight to BOS coincided with Cho Hyun-Ah's(the nut rage lady) studies in Boston.
Oh no. Tell me that's a joke. A (normal) company cannot launch / suspend direct flights just because kids of CEO attend to / graduate from a school.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by bobbybrown
Oh no. Tell me that's a joke. A (normal) company cannot launch / suspend direct flights just because kids of CEO attend to / graduate from a school.
But KE is not a normal company. In a normal company a drunken SVP can't order a plane back to the gate and throw the purser off either.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

KE announced a very generous rerouting rule.

If passenger of the cancelled flights intended to go somewhere else, say SAT, then KE will make that happen, ICN-DFW-SAT.

If passenger purchased a non-refundable separate ticket out of IAH, KE will take them to their final destination via DFW without additional charge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.