Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Does KE open up J award seats DPS-ICN (Bali)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2017, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP

Hi all,

I'm having a world of trouble trying to find J availability ICN-DPS or DPS-ICN. I was easily able to find F and J availability for the international leg from ICN to numerous US destinations but everything I'm finding for ICN-DPS or DPS-ICN is in economy. I realize I can waitlist for the J/Prestige seats, but does anybody have an idea of if/when KE typically releases additional award inventory for that route?

For what it's worth, I'm seeing 4 Z class (appears to be the lowest revenue business fare) on expert flyer on all the days I'm flying, but 9 for J on all those days. Am I correct in guessing they've sold a number of discounted Prestige seats and therefore have taken away award seats for the time being?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 8:40 pm

Maybe it depends on the date in which u are looking at?
There seems to be plenty of availability on KE's website in November for ICN-DPS in J.

https://kr.koreanair.com/global/en/s...onus-seat.html
Old Aug 3, 2017, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Maybe it depends on the date in which u are looking at?
There seems to be plenty of availability on KE's website in November for ICN-DPS in J.

https://kr.koreanair.com/global/en/s...onus-seat.html
I was looking for early Jan. That said, I just got off the phone with KE and they were able to confirm both seats in J for me for the DPS-ICN flight even though the availability wasn't showing up online or in expertflyer.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Well, if it sounds too good to be true it is too good to be true. In the midst of changing our existing held itinerary on the 1AM flight, it turns out the agent only changed one of the flights and we ended up on two separate flights departing DPS on the same date but 22 hours apart -- one of us on the 1AM flight and the other on the 11PM flight.

When I called back about the mistake they said (as expected) that there weren't two J seats on either of the flights and we'd have to waitlist for the 2nd seat. She apologized for the mistake and said she would "email headquarters" to see if they could force the award seat due to it being their mistake. I should supposedly hear back within 48 hours but who knows how this will work out.

Ugh
Old Aug 4, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: Marriott
Not sure what category J is but I was able to find Prestige class available for miles all over April. Finally settled on the third week, no problems - including waiting over a week for all my miles to post prior to confirming my previously held reservation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.