Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

From landing to arrivals at ICN (baggage)

Old May 31, 2017, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Dear all,

I'll be arriving from Paris CDG at ICN (scheduled arrival 15:00) on the Korean air A380.

I will (try) take a KTX train from ICN to Gwangju at 15:45 (it's the only one of the afternoon).

I checked the statistics for this flight and it quite often arrives early (around 14:45), so in this scenario it should be possible..

I've been to ICN airport before and know how to get to the train, but do you guys know approx. how long it should take from landing the A380 to the moment I'll get my baggage?
Old May 31, 2017, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by benji2227
Dear all,

I'll be arriving from Paris CDG at ICN (scheduled arrival 15:00) on the Korean air A380.

I will (try) take a KTX train from ICN to Gwangju at 15:45 (it's the only one of the afternoon).

I checked the statistics for this flight and it quite often arrives early (around 14:45), so in this scenario it should be possible..

I've been to ICN airport before and know how to get to the train, but do you guys know approx. how long it should take from landing the A380 to the moment I'll get my baggage?
I don't know if my case was typical, but flying from LAX on the a380, we parked at the remote terminal and had to wait for the automated trains to take folks to the main terminal for immigration. Depending on how early you get off and how fast you walk, that could result in a bunch of waiting. Furthermore, our luggage took over 30 minutes just to start coming off, the announcements stated that they were having some kind of issues.

Like I said though, that is most likely an atypical situation, but a possibility.

There is a somewhat related thread in the Destinations subforum at: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/korea...-boarding.html

Hopefully it helps!
Old May 31, 2017, 11:43 pm

Programs: None anymore
If you know where to go and everything like that, then 30 minutes is usual. I've made it from walking off the plane at the remote terminal, through immigration, and onto the bus in 15 minutes before but that was with a carry on.

Typically if the plane parks at the main terminal 30 minutes is more than enough from the plane, bags, and through customs. Add a bit of time if you are parked at the remote terminal. But as long as you have at least an hour you should be fine, just don't stop along the way.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 4:01 am
Original Poster

Thanks.^ Will be having a short connection at CDG, so the baggage will probably land on top of the others in the cargo container. Should be fine although hoping it lands early as usual! Will report back.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 2:30 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
If you do not make the train, the ticket can be refunded even after departure for a small fee (10% I believe).

If that happens, you can take the AREX line to Seoul Station and take one of many more trains to Gwangju from there. You can even buy the ticket at Incheon Airport train station to save time. I would buy the ticket for an hour and a half after you are at the airport station.

It's about 50 minutes to Seoul Station once you are on the train, then you have to transfer to KTX platforms. You'll have just enough time to grab water/snacks before getting on your train to Gwangju. There is a snack cart on the train but it's not that great and better stuff can be found in Seoul Station.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 9:59 am
Original Poster

So landed today from Paris at 14:40, taxied and had to wait for a gate to "free up" (much need for the new terminal, ICN?)
Could get out at 15:00, some queuing at the immigration, arrived at the luggage belt at 15:20, got my bag at 15:25, was sitting in my KTX train at 15:35!
Perfect ^
Old Jun 9, 2017, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by benji2227
So landed today from Paris at 14:40, taxied and had to wait for a gate to "free up" (much need for the new terminal, ICN?)
Could get out at 15:00, some queuing at the immigration, arrived at the luggage belt at 15:20, got my bag at 15:25, was sitting in my KTX train at 15:35!
Perfect ^
Great, thanks for the follow up. Enjoy your trip

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.