Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Korean Airlines Prestige Flight JFK-Incheon-Haneda

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2017, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Hi everyone, I just surprised my wife with Prestige class flights on Korean Air from JFK to Tokyo Haneda with brief stop (a few hours) at Incheon both ways. I was wondering if you can provide some insight as to available lounges, especially 1) while waiting at JFK; 2) while waiting to transfer in Incheon; and 3) while waiting at Haneda on return trip. Would it be as simple as Korean Air prestige lounges? Are they available at all 3 airports?

I also have priority pass if that helps.

Thanks in advance!
Old May 19, 2017, 6:14 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
per KE website

KAL lounge at JFK
KAL prestige class lounge at ICN
JAL sakura lounge at HND

all of the above are accessed with KE business class boarding pass for same day departure
there may be additional lounges available with priority pass
Old May 21, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
KAL lounges suck. If you have Priority Pass, Asiana Business Class lounge in ICN is way nicer. I would say KE Lounges are worse than most Skyclubs, not on par with international competition.
Old May 21, 2017, 11:34 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Just a heads up. ICN-HND flight arrives late and only late night bus at that hour OR expensive taxi. On the way home, the HND-ICN flight is now a 2:30 AM flight arriving to ICN at 4:30 AM. Crazy times, but there is an LCC flight at that time that does well...so I guess KE decided to copy them, too.

GMP-HND is where they have most HND flights, BUT you have to transfer airports and need 3 hrs and like 15 minutes minimum between flights. It's not hard, but it is more work than just waiting in ICN lounge. GMP is a small airport for the biz traveler, so there are no real lounges like JFK.
Old May 22, 2017, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by aero0729
KAL lounges suck. If you have Priority Pass, Asiana Business Class lounge in ICN is way nicer. I would say KE Lounges are worse than most Skyclubs, not on par with international competition.
In terms of food, yes, KAL lounge has nothing to boast of. But, personally I prefer KAL lounge over Asiana though. Asiana lounge being a priority pass lounge, there are usually too many people while Korean lounge remains a bit quieter. (Oh, KAL lounge at the concourse is also a priority pass lounge. I'm talking about the main terminal one.) Also, I think Korean lounge has better drink options and better tarmac view. Just a personal taste.
Old May 22, 2017, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
Just a heads up. ICN-HND flight arrives late and only late night bus at that hour OR expensive taxi. On the way home, the HND-ICN flight is now a 2:30 AM flight arriving to ICN at 4:30 AM. Crazy times, but there is an LCC flight at that time that does well...so I guess KE decided to copy them, too.

GMP-HND is where they have most HND flights, BUT you have to transfer airports and need 3 hrs and like 15 minutes minimum between flights. It's not hard, but it is more work than just waiting in ICN lounge. GMP is a small airport for the biz traveler, so there are no real lounges like JFK.

Thanks for the heads up...I realize the flight times suck but they were the only ones that still had business class tickets left. I just did a quick route lookup on Uber, it quoted me 8100 yen (~80 USD) from airport to Shinjuku, which is bearable. Is that around what you think it will cost (for the expensive taxi?)
Old May 22, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
My friend paid around 70-80 USD by cab once. Like I said, though, the buses run at night and you should try those first as you can get to your destination for 15 USD per person and save a nice bit of change.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 3:54 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
KAL lounge at JFK is truly BLEAH

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.