Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Changing connexion airport for free

Old May 17, 2017, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I booked a KE economy ticket from Geneva (GVA) to ICN via AMS and then direct flight from ICN to ZRH.

I noted a few days later a big change of price if I would transit through CDG, and not only the total trip to ICN would be 1h shorter, it was also 30$ cheaper. (1130 instead of 1160$)

So I called KE and to my surprise, although I had an basic economy faire, the agent said (after double checking with supervisor) that a change of the transit airport, if on same date, would be free; I just have to rebook my ticket (since it's a code share) and they will offer me a full refund on my ticket through AMS.

I was very surprised since the fare conditions mention clearly that any change would cost around 150$.

Anyone experienced this? Is this exclusive to Korean Air?

I've yet to receive the refund but I see this as good flexibility and excellent service...
Old May 17, 2017, 11:13 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Korean Air is very good about changes for free on their tickets. Much more flexible than American carriers. In fact, because of Korean law, tickets are often refundable completely for 200$ (long haul US flights for instance)..... Typically, on their cheapest ticket (Q), you cannot change the departure date or city, but can change the return date for free.

I flew back to the US ICN-Atlanta, Atlanta-ICN. I changed the date of my ticket Atlanta-ICN ticket two days before departure. No charge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.