Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Anyone flown KE024 + KE653 (SFO —ICN — BKK) with 1:20 layover?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skypass

Hi All,

Headed to Thailand for my 1st time on Saturday (flying Prestige, too — which I'm super excited about) and am wondering if anyone's ever taken this itinerary.

I'm slightly worried about the connection time — do I have to go through customs @ ICN?

DEP SFO 11:30AM ARR ICN 5:30PM (747-8i)
DEP ICN 6:50PM ARR BKK 10:55PM

Any feedback here would be appreciated!
Old Jan 4, 2017, 12:11 pm

1:20 should be enough, but I wouldn't worry since there's another flight to BKK at 8:15PM (KE659).
Old Jan 4, 2017, 4:56 pm

I did SFO-ICN-SGN last March with 50 mins layover. Made it to the gate with plenty of time to spare. I was one of the last ones to get off the plane on the SFO leg.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 10:43 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
1:20 is plenty of time for connecting same ticket at ICN.

You will not need to clear immigration and customs - unlike USA most of the rest of the world permits international transits to merely clear security (this is well signposted).
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:27 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
It's enough time. If the connection is running close, they often have someone waiting for you when you step off the plane with a sign. And yes, you will follow International Transit signs. Just a quick security check, no customs or immigration. Very simple.

If the line is really long for transit and you have no time (like 30 minutes), show your next flight to a staff member. They'll let you cut the line.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: most of them
Slightly different situation. Looking to fly IAD-BKK in KE F. The booking engine shows a combo with a 45 min connection. KE 94 arr 16:30 and then KE651 departs at 17:15 on a 773ER with the original Kosmo Suite. There's also KE 659 that departs at 18:50 which is the A333 with 6F sleeper seats.

Is such a short connection possible?? According to ExpertFlyer it looks like MCT is 1h. Obviously I'd prefer the nicer seat. If I take the chance and book the earlier flight and miss the connection do I just automatically get transferred to the later flight? Would the system even show me this combo if it was not allowed?
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
If it is illegal, the system would not show it on Korean Air's website. And yes, if your connection is missed, they will put you on the next flight. If it's REALLY tight, they will often have someone waiting at the plane's door with a sign. The majority of people flying KE connect so they will often hold planes for passengers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.