Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Connecting time 1h55m now change to 10 minutes, HELP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

I have a flight in April 2017 from SGN>ICN>SFO. Original connecting time at ICN was 1h55m. I just received an email from Korean Air about some time change on both flights SGN>ICN and ICN>SFO. Now I see that my connecting time is only 10 minutes. I know 10 mins is undoable. Has anyone ever experience this? What are my options?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 10:51 pm

Programs: BA CX DL KE OZ*G PR QF QR; SPG IHG MR HH
I had something similar happen to me. KE should allow you to make changes without any charges. If nothing works, you might be entitled to a refund. My original booking was 45 minutes connection time (which is the absolute minimum) and it was changed to a 30 minutes connection time. Email did not recommend changing, but I did not want to risk it. KE allowed me to change to an earlier flight without any charges so connection time became several hours.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 10:41 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Welcome to Flyer Talk johnwynn11

Contact Korean to get one or both flights changed to allow a longer connection. This should be free of charge, although might not produce a convenient schedule.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Thank you to you both. I had to switch to a longer layover flight. Korean Air gave me a STPC hotel outside the airport. I requested a transit hotel inside ICN because my mom is elderly and doesn't want to leave the airport. I was approved for that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.