Wiki Posts
Search

Does KE release seats last minute

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2016, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Does KE release seats last minute

Does anyone know if KE is in the habit of releasing last minute awards seats? My flight is currently showing R7. What are the chances that more F seats will become available?

Has anyone had any luck asking them to open up awards seats if you are on the waitlist? thanks
Old Sep 26, 2017, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by ekartash
Does anyone know if KE is in the habit of releasing last minute awards seats? My flight is currently showing R7. What are the chances that more F seats will become available?

Has anyone had any luck asking them to open up awards seats if you are on the waitlist? thanks
I am also interested curious this. Was looking to book two of us (one in first and one in business) hoping that another first would open up close in.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by mhopki3
I am also interested curious this. Was looking to book two of us (one in first and one in business) hoping that another first would open up close in.
I only have one data point from earlier this year. I booked one F seat BNE-ICN for me and one F seat SYD-ICN for my wife for the same travel date. The plan was to switch if a second F seat opened on either one of the flights, but they never did. I checked every day up until departure. On each of the flights she and I ended up being the only person in the F cabin.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 3:12 pm
formerly RZachSmith

My one data point here was from this summer, when I booked JFK-ICN rather than IAD-ICN due to there only being 1 seat on IAD-ICN and needing 2 seats.

We had made non-refundable positioning plans so I wasn't actually able to change it, but a 2nd seat did open up on IAD-ICN somewhere between 24-48 hours before the flight, but not farther than that (and I think I checked every day of the last week).

Obviously only one data point, haven't monitored broader trends, but it's at least possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.