Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

meal service on the 12:05am flight JFK-ICN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2016, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,

Just snagged an award J ticket on the flight leaving JFK just after midnight.
Odd hours.
Will they serve a full dinner (fond memories of a J dinner on KE from a few years ago). Trying to switch to the 2PM flight, but right now my partner has the only J seat available for a DL award on that flight. Hoping that as our March date comes close they may release a second ticket, but right now opted to fly separately and enjoy the 380 and J in KE rather than the other DL award alternatives.

Still a LONG flight, and hoping I'll get to enjoy a full meal.
Anyone with experience?

Thanks
Old Nov 27, 2016, 12:43 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
According to the service schedule, you will have a "meal" during hours 2 and 8. I'd presume the first meal won't be as grand as the second since they know most want to get to slee.

https://kr.koreanair.com/korea/ko/traveling/classes-of-service/in-flight-service-plan/service-plan-americas.html
Old Nov 27, 2016, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,
THANKS!
Would love to see a menu, but the graph is quite useful.
I'm taking the 00:50 flight' partner is taking the 14:00 (unless as the date approaches I can swing the change.) Seems such a shame, since he is not a fan of Korean food, and I even grow and pickle my own geh-nyep. For complex reasons can't switch places.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 2:41 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
I'm sure you can find a menu on a flight report somewhere. To be honest the bimbimbap they'll serve in J is the same as Y, so it's kind of a waste of a fine dining business class opportunity." Your friend will be ok haha. From JFK they won't do anything wildly Korean or unique.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 10:27 am

I've taken this flight several times in J and the catering is nothing special. The main meal is served after take off and they serve "breakfast" a few hours prior to arrival.

You have much better food options in NY before heading to the airport.

Alex
Old Dec 12, 2016, 3:15 pm

Attached are pictures of the menus for KE86 (JFK to ICN) and KE85 (ICN to JFK).

Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:54 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
I'm sure you can find a menu on a flight report somewhere. To be honest the bimbimbap they'll serve in J is the same as Y, so it's kind of a waste of a fine dining business class opportunity." Your friend will be ok haha. From JFK they won't do anything wildly Korean or unique.
I actually tried the bibimbap on my last segment between ICN and DFW. I had 6 meals on my recent trip and got tired of the food since I had almost everything twice in J. LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.