KE016 LAX to ICN

Old Nov 20, 2016, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

KE016 LAX to ICN

Hello,
I see Korean Air has a 777 flight scheduled from LAX to ICN in the month of July 2017 alongside the other two daily A380 services.
I was wondering if anyone knows if that flight has the new Prestige suites as opposed to Sleepers.
Seatguru wasn't of any help, if anything it shows the first flight of the day as a cargo service on a 747F.
Thanks,
JCD
Old Nov 20, 2016, 8:08 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Their website doesn't list any information about which planes or routes have the new suites. If you click on the plane type when you try to make a dummy booking (I did Wed July 12), it still shows the normal flat Prestige Seat.

That being said, it's also still a bit too early for the plane types to be set for summer next year, so it could very well change.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
Their website doesn't list any information about which planes or routes have the new suites. If you click on the plane type when you try to make a dummy booking (I did Wed July 12), it still shows the normal flat Prestige Seat.

That being said, it's also still a bit too early for the plane types to be set for summer next year, so it could very well change.
Thanks for the prompt reply, I appreciate it.
Should I gamble and book the flight on the triple sevens? Worst case scenario we'll end up with the same sleepers seats as the A380s right?
Old Nov 21, 2016, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
Thanks for the prompt reply, I appreciate it.
Should I gamble and book the flight on the triple sevens? Worst case scenario we'll end up with the same sleepers seats as the A380s right?
What is the difference? I was looking to book the prestige from ICN to LAX on the A380 Prestige, but is now learning about the sleepers seats.

Also, the prestige seems a bit inconvenience if you have window seats since the format is 2 - 2 - 2. Assuming I am window seat and needs the restroom and my neighbor is on bed mode, I would have to wake him up?
Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:03 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
If you have the new 777 Prestige Suite, it is the brand new seat with a door for the private, suite enclosure with direct aisle access.

The "old" seat is not necessarily old per se. It is what you will find on the A380 and the other 777s. It is a fully flat seat, but no suite door enclosure.

Yes, it is 2-2 on the windows. Yes, you would technically have to climb over someone.......that being said, I have never heard of KE cabins being so slam full. Especially on the A380 with the entire upper deck being business, most people pick and change their seats in the cabin when they see what's full.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 8:32 am
Original Poster

I went ahead and booked the 777-300ER flight and guess what? The business class layout is 2-2-2 so it's definitely the new Prestige Suites
Booked 4 one-way tickets LAX to HKG with a free stop-over of 10 days in Korea. The total was 250k UR points which transferred instantly from my Chase account and 193USD in taxes and fees ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.