Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Any chance at taking a 8.5kg puppy in cabin? flying Korean air

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2016, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

As stated, any chance I can pass the weight check at ATL?
I am flying from ATL to PVG with a connection flight at ICN. I know their website says that the maximum weight is 5kg. But I really don't want to leave the puppy in the cargo since he is just 10 weeks old and the layover is 10+ hours. I don't think anyone from their staff will take care of him during that time.
Anyone knows how strictly enforced is their weight limit at ATL?
Thanks!
Also, I am taking first class, if it makes anything different.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 1:23 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
If he can fit under the seat I don't think they'll really care. BUT better to play it safe than risk it. Call Korean Air at ATL office and see what they say. It's usually staffed by Delta agents anyway. Still need the various Korean and Chinese quarantine paperwork, I'm sure.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 1:58 am

Programs: BA CX DL KE OZ*G PR QF QR; SPG IHG MR HH
I have traveled with Korean Air many times (although not to/from Atlanta) and never had anyone check the weight of carry-on. With an old heavy laptop, a large jacket and the largest cabin suitcase that can fit above the overhead bin, total kg I have brought into a Korean Air flight can easily be more than 10 kg. With live animals, better call the airlines and check with them regarding quarantine and other paperwork necessary. The slight overweight is probably the least of your concerns.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.