Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

ICN Warning: Don't check out the satellite terminal...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ICN Warning: Don't check out the satellite terminal...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2016, 12:49 pm
jy3

Originally Posted by sol95
Likewise, not a huge fan of ICN. Prefer Changi...

But to be fair, those items you listed can be bought in a few of the stores...but they're almost hole-in-the-wall places that get missed by the sheer size of the luxury duty free places. It doesn't help that the pharmacy, for example, is not signposted in an obvious way unless you're a Korean reader/speaker.
Agreed. It is true that those items are not everywhere, but definitely could be found. I'm based in SEL right now so I always fly out from ICN, and it's probably one of my favorite airports out there. It's clean, lounges are nice, and I can't seem to find other airports where they have particular spaces for flyers to take a rest on second floor or provide a free shower for transit passengers, like ICN does.

But yes, this train thing is pretty dumb. The problem I'm having is that I have an access to OZ lounge in both terminals with a credit card membership, but this card only has an access to KE lounge that is in satellite lounge, and does not have an access to KE lounge in main terminal so I have to go and come back through a long way with another security check, if I want to use KE lounge..which I don't do any more after first experience, unless I have a flight departing from there.

Last edited by jy3; Jul 10, 2016 at 12:54 pm
Old Jul 10, 2016, 12:59 pm

Programs: I'm a nobody everywhere
Originally Posted by jy3
Agreed. It is true that those items are not everywhere, but definitely could be found. I'm based in SEL right now so I always fly out from ICN, and it's probably one of my favorite airports out there. It's clean, lounges are nice, and I can't seem to find other airports where they have particular spaces for flyers to take a rest on second floor or provide a free shower for transit passengers, like ICN does.

But yes, this train thing is pretty dumb. The problem I'm having is that I have an access to OZ lounge in both terminals with a credit card membership, but this card only has an access to KE lounge that is in satellite lounge, and does not have an access to KE lounge in main terminal so I have to go and come back through a long way with another security check, if I want to use KE lounge..which I don't do any more after first experience, unless I have a flight departing from there.
That seems pretty inefficient and kind of a design flaw to me. There are probably other airports that are set up like this, but I can't think of any modernly designed ones where its a one way train set-up like this.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 1:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
I think STN has a similar setup.
The problem is that the return trains transports the satellite terminal arriving passengers.
Allowing departing to mix with arriving passengers might be a problem.

Have look at MUC.
The train between T2 Main to T2 Satellite has three seperated cars.
First one for security-cleared Schengen departures/arrivals; second one for security-cleared Non-Schengen departures/arrivals; third one for non-cleared non-Schengen arrivals

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.