Search

Upgrade award C to F?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2016, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Upgrade award C to F?

I have an award ticketed by KLM for a KE flight TPE-ICN. Short flight, and I would like to experience F on the product.

Does KE offer buy ups at all, from either revenue or award tickets?
Old Jun 2, 2016, 3:00 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
On paid tickets you can pay fare difference, or use KE miles to upgrade.

On award tickets you can redeem the extra points for award in the higher cabin, although only KE miles can be used for first class awards on KE so unless the existing award is with KE miles you're out of luck.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Hi,

For a non-status KE Skypass member, booking economy class from YYZ>ICN>YYZ. If I have enough KE-points/& seats are available, what is the points requirement to upgrade to Prestige Class on these KE74/KE73 flights?

Thanks in advance, as I have some KE miles, and may try this routing out if I can somehow score an upgrade to Prestige. Normally I am an OZ user, but it is always nice to see how the other carrier compares in BC.^

YOW
Old Jul 2, 2016, 1:39 pm

Points required is 80k points off-peak, 120k points peak.

However, note that you need to avoid I class in order to use miles to upgrade.

Availability tends to be generally excellent - search for A class on Expertflyer.

Last edited by stargold; Jul 5, 2016 at 11:40 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.