Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Korean Air Check-in

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2016, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Korean Air Check-in

My family has an overnight at ICN in August, departing the next morning (a Tuesday) at 8:30 am. We MUST clear customs with our luggage and check-in the next morning (Delta won’t check luggage all the way through) …uuggghh. Currently, we have reservations at the Grand Hyatt, which offers KE check-in.

What time should we get in line at the airport for check-in and baggage drop?

Is the Grand Hyatt check-in any better? BTW – it does not open until 6:30 am.

Any factual advice would be appreciated. I have gotten lots of opinions, but really need to know the facts. KE has been no help, as every time I call I get a different answer. Thanks in advance.
Old May 23, 2016, 7:04 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
It's really not a big deal. Don't panic. I saw no need to checkin at the Hyatt during my overnight there last July. We just rode the shuttle bus back to the terminal and checked in as usual at the Korean Air Prestige Class desk around 7:45 am for our 9:30 am to ATL. We had no wait or a minimal wait at checkin. Security took about 15 minutes to clear; no priority line, but Incheon knows it's peak time so they have a good number of lanes open. Outbound passport control took a few minutes, no more.

Situation may be a bit different checking in for Economy, but as far as I could see, there were plenty of checkin desks staffed and the lines were moving.

Inbound customs clearance is no big deal. Only snag inbound likely to be passport control for foreigners. I'd suggest hustling so you get there before the rest of your flight and hope an A380 didn't arrive right before you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.