Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Has the planned summer upgauge to 747-8i on KE71/72 (YVR-ICN) been scrapped?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2016, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

About two months ago, airlineroute.net broke the news that between 6/22-9/30, KE71 (ICN-YVR) and KE72 (YVR-ICN) would be upgauged from the current 777-200ER to a 747-8i. Except for that one Lufthansa 74H that hopped from Paine Field to YVR, the airport has never seen a 74H (KE and CX send 747-8 freighters to YVR, though).

Alongside the news that BA84/85 would be upgauged to a 388 instead of the usual 2x daily 744 service in the summer, it made me excited--finally, YVR would be getting a 747-8i *and* an A380.

But that's not the point of this post. Flightmapper still says KE71 will be a 772 between 3/27 and 10/29 (No change to KE72 either). In addition, the Korean-language press release by Korean Air that I used to cross-reference airlineroute.net's assertions has now been taken down.

I'm suspicious. Has the planned upgauge been cancelled?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.