Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Logistics on Booking Awards (Chase Transfer / 4 Pax / 3 PNRs)

Old Mar 8, 2016, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt LT Global Elitist, Bonvyoed LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver

Planning a trip for my family later this year. Due to award availability and different final destinations, I had to create three bookings for the four passengers, details below.

All Passengers are family members (qualified as per Korean's requirements), but the Chase points belong to Passenger #3 and Passenger #4. If we transfer enough Chase points from #3 and #4's to their respective Skypass account to each cover 2 tickets; will this be okay to ticket all 4 itineraries?

I assume that we can ticket Booking C 50/50 from each of the passenger's own accounts and then fill out the family forms to Book A and B from passenger #3/#4's accounts. Or is there a simpler/better way of doing this? I know Korean has some very strict rules on this, just want to make sure we don't transfer the points and then get stuck not being able to book the tickets.

Booking A / Passenger #1
KIX-GMP :: ICN-JFK

Booking B / Passenger #2
KIX-GMP :: ICN-LAX

Booking C / Passengers #3 + #4
KIX-ICN :: ICN-JFK
Old Mar 8, 2016, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL PM (not for long)
You can put the tickets on hold without any miles in your account. I just did this for a F award, you can just ask the agent.

The default hold period is 1 month, but my companion was able to hold their award until the day before departure.

We then transferred the UR points to KE and were able to complete the booking on the website.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt LT Global Elitist, Bonvyoed LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Yes, I already have the awards on hold.. Just want to make sure I have my chase --> skypass points transfer strategy down.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 7:57 pm

I just went through the same process, but I am a bit lost. The agent said I should try to book the tickets online, but I can't find my reservation anywhere on their website. How did you do it?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.