Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Possible to use Skymiles on KE and still get to select seats?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2016, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Is it somehow possible to use Delta Skymiles to book an economy ticket on Korean Air and be able to select your seats? Booking a flight on the delta website on a KE flight won't allow one to select seats.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 3:29 am

You have to call KE to get your seat assigned.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 9:01 am

I recently completed travel on a DL issued SkyMiles award ticket containing 2 KE segments.

I believe calling KE will probably not work until the 90 day window opens? Then, once within 90-days of your departure, using the KE locator (which DL will be able to give you) pull up the rez on the KE website. KE also uses another locator which is a xxxx-xxxx 8 digit number. Either one I think allowed me to access the booking on the KE website and select seats.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
You can select seats online via KE.com for Delta award travel on KE!

I just booked a Delta award via dl.com today for travel next January 2017. Granted it is in business class on KE however, to get seat assignments, I simply called DL and asked for my KE PNR. They gave me a string of letters then numbers for my KE PNR.

Disregard the letters.

I went to the KE website (I did NOT try to login) and on the top right selected MY TRIPS. Using the 8 digits given to me by Delta(don't include a space between first 4 #'s and last 4 #'s), enter departure date, enter point of origin and final destination, enter my last name, (THIS NEXT STEP MADE ALL THE DIFFERENCE - enter my first AND middle name together as one name, and hit enter.

It brought up the 2 segments I had and was able to select seats. I was notified that it may take up to 30 minutes to confirm the seats but 15 minutes later, I looked at my reservation via the Delta App and my new seats were listed correctly! I hope that by selecting seats via KE.com that they stick!

EDIT: My flight is 311 days from check-in!

Good luck!

Last edited by Bradhattan; Mar 11, 2016 at 12:27 pm Reason: Added info about how many days out
Old May 25, 2016, 2:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Bradhattan
You can select seats online via KE.com for Delta award travel on KE!

I just booked a Delta award via dl.com today for travel next January 2017. Granted it is in business class on KE however, to get seat assignments, I simply called DL and asked for my KE PNR. They gave me a string of letters then numbers for my KE PNR.
I was just able to select seats on KE (business class) on a DL award using the DL website. Very impressive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.