Korean vs. China Eastern

Old Feb 2, 2016, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Korean vs. China Eastern

I have 2 biz class tix booked for an upcoming trip to BKK from the States. I have the opportunity to change it to a KE A380 out of ATL. Is this worth doing? Anyone flown on China Eastern's 777-300 and the KE A380 want to offer some insight?

Thanks!
Old Feb 2, 2016, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Los_Pepes
I have 2 biz class tix booked for an upcoming trip to BKK from the States. I have the opportunity to change it to a KE A380 out of ATL. Is this worth doing? Anyone flown on China Eastern's 777-300 and the KE A380 want to offer some insight?

Thanks!
I haven't flown either one, but be advised that KE has been replacing the A380 with an older 777 on a fair number of upcoming ICN-ATL-ICN flights.

If you book on KE to fly the double-decker, there is a 50/50 chance it will be downgraded, depending on the dates.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
I haven't flown either one, but be advised that KE has been replacing the A380 with an older 777 on a fair number of upcoming ICN-ATL-ICN flights.

If you book on KE to fly the double-decker, there is a 50/50 chance it will be downgraded, depending on the dates.
Thank you for the insight as I did not know this fact. Part of the attraction was flying on the A380.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Los_Pepes
Thank you for the insight as I did not know this fact. Part of the attraction was flying on the A380.
You're welcome. I was scheduled to be on an A380 in April and they just switched it this week.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 5:00 am

Programs: KE KL/AF CX
KE uses 388 and 77w for ATL-ICN.
daily A380 for peak seasons but Mon, thur, Sat only for weak seasons.
It may vary but you could check from their booking site and search by the dates.
If you experienced the A380 before, it won't be a huge attraction since KE is using the whole upper deck as J. it feels less comfortable than 77w in same class.
Also you could have a luck to get a B748 if your trip is around May, June.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 7:53 am

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm looking to book a First class ticket from JFK to SIN. Is there something similar I have to worry about with regard to plane downgrades? Many thanks!
Old Feb 4, 2016, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by brightonrock1974
KE uses 388 and 77w for ATL-ICN.
daily A380 for peak seasons but Mon, thur, Sat only for weak seasons.
It may vary but you could check from their booking site and search by the dates.
If you experienced the A380 before, it won't be a huge attraction since KE is using the whole upper deck as J. it feels less comfortable than 77w in same class.
Also you could have a luck to get a B748 if your trip is around May, June.
According to the schedules, ICN-ATL is daily A380 until the new schedule begins on March 27, when it switches to 777.

It stays daily 777 for the foreseeable future after that. Also, it's the old version of the 777, and does not have the new business class seating. Is that still more comfortable than the A380 in J?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 6:51 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Guys, in Prestige (Business) Class, the "old" 77W seats are the exact same seats as on the "old" A380. The only differences in the cabin are the configuration of 2-3-2 vs. 2-2-2 due to width of the fuselage, side cabinets at the windows on the A380, and the lounge and bar at front and back.

Some of the 77W's flying to ATL in fact have the new interior, with SkySuites in Prestige. My upcoming KE 36 ATL-ICN in April has the new seats. I've flown on them on a KE A330 and they are great.

I've flown on MU's 77W with the new seats, albeit on a regional run not a TPAC. The interior generally and new seats specifically are great, though KE's SkySuite is better IMO. KE's food and soft product is much better than MU's. The KE lounge and ICN generally are worlds apart better than MU's crappy overcrowded lounges and PVG generally.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.