First time on KE: what to expect?

Old Jan 21, 2016, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
First time on KE: what to expect?

Hi,

it will be my 1st time on Korean Air, and I was wondering what to expect in general.
I have only flown 2 Asian carriers: SQ and Air China. Otherwise, I mainly fly with LY, as well as European and US airlines.

Thanks!

Last edited by LY777; Jan 21, 2016 at 2:08 pm
Old Jan 21, 2016, 10:09 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
What route and what class of service?
Old Jan 21, 2016, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, I should have been more specific:

I will fly ICN-HKG, HND-GMP, and ICN-CDG, all in Y
Old Jan 23, 2016, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by LY777
Sorry, I should have been more specific:

I will fly ICN-HKG, HND-GMP, and ICN-CDG, all in Y
They are lovely. Not exceptional, but lovely. Even in Y.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 3:00 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Your cabins, presuming their 777 or A333 or 380 will be exactly the same. Identical pitch, seat patterns, everything. Their on board product is extremely, almost perfectly consistent. Only the old 747 have older ife and a slightly smaller seat.

You will see a lot of the same food over these flights - bibimbap, Chinese fish and noodles, chicken and rice, beef and pasta. It isn't bad, but it will all taste the same.

Haneda to Gimpo is always a giant, full plane. Quite impressive considering you wouldn't get a 777 from ATL to NYC running four times a day in each direction. You will get a meal, but the flight is so short that you can barely finish a movie.

Hong Kong is a regional flight, so it's just a meal service.

If you look on their website, they have a service schedule of the flight to Paris (when you eat, etc)

Korean Air attendants are very gracious and polite as they are on most Asian airlines. The advantage, I think, is that their planes are consistent.

For instance, Asiana will swap planes two hours before departure. You might be flying to Paris with overhead TV on a loop.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, thats' very informative
Old Jan 26, 2016, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes

If you look on their website, they have a service schedule of the flight to Paris (when you eat, etc)

Do you have the link, by chance?
I can't find it
Old Jan 27, 2016, 6:27 pm
mk1

Programs: KE Morning Calm; AA Plat
Originally Posted by LY777
Do you have the link, by chance?
I can't find it
You can find the Service Plan on pg 108-109 of this month's Beyond magazine. http://beyond.koreanair.com

One thing to add: Although the beverage service is quite regular on longer flights (typically water and juice), don't hesitate to ring the call button anytime you want something else like a soda, beer, or mixed drink. FA's have always been happy to respond to a request. (obviously don't abuse it either )
Old Jan 28, 2016, 12:23 am
Original Poster

Thanks!
Old Feb 1, 2016, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by mk1
You can find the Service Plan on pg 108-109 of this month's Beyond magazine. http://beyond.koreanair.com

One thing to add: Although the beverage service is quite regular on longer flights (typically water and juice), don't hesitate to ring the call button anytime you want something else like a soda, beer, or mixed drink. FA's have always been happy to respond to a request. (obviously don't abuse it either )
Can you help me understand what i am looking at? Is the 1-14 on the top essentially hours? Hour 1 is drinks, hour 2 is meal, etc? I'm flying ke082 jfk/icn , trying to plan on when the first meal will be. thanks a lot.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 4:01 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by dan88
Can you help me understand what i am looking at? Is the 1-14 on the top essentially hours? Hour 1 is drinks, hour 2 is meal, etc? I'm flying ke082 jfk/icn , trying to plan on when the first meal will be. thanks a lot.
Yes, that's the correct interpretation.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 4:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For ICN departures, be aware that there can be long lines for passport control and security. If you don't take the train, it can be a long ride from Seoul to the airport. Be sure to allow enough time.

Check whether your AF/KLM FB Silver status gives you any benefits on KE, such as use of a lower tier elite check in line or the ability to reserve (better?) seats in advance.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 12:22 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, Hyatt - Platinum
I recently flew HND -> GMP and ICN -> NRT on Korean Air. Hadn't flown Korean Air since an ANC-ICN flight in the 90s. I think the service has improved a lot since then! I was in economy and I really liked the food which surprised me. I thought the flight attendants were incredibly nice and seemed to switch easily between English, Korean and Japanese when interacting with passengers. My flight to/from the U.S. was ANA which was fine, but I liked the food and the flight attendants on Korean Air better.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.