Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Dual Award Booking for Same Flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Hi All,

Quick question, hopefully an easy answer...

I'm looking to book a connecting first class award with my girlfriend from AKL-Seoul-JFK. Since we are not family, we are not able to book together, and thus book separately.

My question is, and I've dealt with this problem before on other airlines, if one of us books first, will the other award seat drop off immediately?

Both segments are showing multiple award seats on both flights (AKL-Seoul with only two), but I'm not sure if this matters. I know when I dealt with this issue on American before, my lady booked, I went to book, and the award dropped off for a few weeks, before another seat reappeared.

Any advice you all can provide would be tremendously helpful.

Thanks!
Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont RIP, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
I did this on an award with my wife. As soon as I booked 1 ticket, the inventory just went down by 1. I was able to book my wife's ticket after that. In fact, I had to wait 24 hours because of a Chase Ultimate Rewards glitch. Even after 24 hours the award inventory was still there.

We just took the flight last week. KE has an excellent first class product. We loved it. The lounge experience at ICN leaves a little to be desired, but the staff both in the lounge and in the air were top notch.

Last edited by FFMilesJunkie; Jan 7, 2016 at 1:52 pm
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Hey,

Thanks for the response about your experience. I was thinking of just calling them and trying to do it on the phone, but 1. I'm not even sure that is possible, and 2. concerned as other reading has mentioned the Skypass customer service agents are clueless.

Anyways, this gives me confidence that I can do everything online. Need a few more UR points in the meantime, but again, thanks!
Old Jan 12, 2016, 7:36 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Delta Skymiles Platinum
New to KE thanks to Chase Ultimate Rewards, quick question. How do you see the award availability?

I booked 3 first class tix JFK-HKG, we are unrelated. So I established accounts for all 3 of us. Then booked the first ticket, no problem. Second ticket, no problem. Third ticket, outbound was fine but could not get the same return flight. Not the end of the world but just wondering how to handle this for the future? Is there any chance that a seat opens up and we can switch the return for the 3rd person? We are flying in April.

Thanks for any help.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

I was just searching by segment, and each one should come up with how many seats are available. I don't think this appears if you search for a connecting flight (JFK-Seoul-HKG might not work for you then). That's all I got, as I'm new to Skypass as well!
Old Jan 13, 2016, 11:44 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont RIP, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by yurch10
I was just searching by segment, and each one should come up with how many seats are available. I don't think this appears if you search for a connecting flight (JFK-Seoul-HKG might not work for you then). That's all I got, as I'm new to Skypass as well!
You can use ExpertFlyer or other sites that show fare buckets. You are looking for "A" inventory.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by yurch10
Yes, you are right, JFK-SEL-HKG did not work. That's why I was wondering.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by FFMilesJunkie
You can use ExpertFlyer or other sites that show fare buckets. You are looking for "A" inventory.
Do you have to pay for Expert Flyer? Any other suggestions for fare bucket sites? Thanks for any help.

Glad to hear the first class product is.....first class.
I normally fly business class to Asia, usually Delta. Looking forward to the upgrade.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 5:57 pm

The mobile site lists the number of seats available, even for itineraries that have a stop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.