Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Redemption for a family member, potential issue?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2015, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS

I have an award booking on hold for my mother-in-law. It just hit me that if I use my credit card to pay the award taxes and fees that she will not be able to present my credit card at check-in inasmuch as we live in different countries.

Is it possible to pay the taxes and fees on the award booking using her credit card or may one only use the credit card of the SkyPass member?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 5:36 am

Programs: KE KL/AF CX
I awarded a ticket from KE,AF and CA with my father's card when I was a student but never asked for the credit card I had used. but I heard some cases that occur just front of the check-in desk, tho it seems vary to the staffs.
I once phoned CA to make it clear and ask if I really need the card but what I just heard was it rarely happens(sorry I don't recall the reason why they need) but just advised me to bring the proper documents (i.e. birth certificate to prove family relations) if I'll be much worry in the way back flight where I can't help myself.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 5:47 am

U can go to your local KE office n show them your credit card for that booking.
Tell them the pax will not have the credit card at checkin.

If no local KE office, just call their customer service n they can advice u

Originally Posted by gpeso8
I have an award booking on hold for my mother-in-law. It just hit me that if I use my credit card to pay the award taxes and fees that she will not be able to present my credit card at check-in inasmuch as we live in different countries.

Is it possible to pay the taxes and fees on the award booking using her credit card or may one only use the credit card of the SkyPass member?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.