Search

Lousy Equipment Swaps

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2015, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM
Lousy Equipment Swaps

Just a bit of venting...

KE just swapped my ICN-ATL from a A380 to the 773ER. Booked though Delta using Skymiles in J. I was really looking forward to the rear lounge on board. My wife gets restless on long flights so it would have been a nice relaxing treat.

I understand the seats are literally the same but I am still disappointed. Here's hoping to a schedule change so that I can swap to the Delta 747 to DTW.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 4:54 pm

Programs: AC100,DLSilver,ALMVP,Fairmont Platinum
That sucks. I'm flying on them in Oct hope that doesn't happen to me.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 10:09 pm

Wouldn't Delta understand the situation and let you change date by a day for free? (as long as there still are award seats available.) KE still puts 380 every other day until Oct 24th, and back to daily 380 after then. Sorry for your situation, though.

Last edited by bobbybrown; Sep 8, 2015 at 11:18 pm
Old Sep 9, 2015, 2:25 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Did they finalize winter schedule yet? I just booked a STELLAR deal home (1,700,000W aka 1500 USD 12/19-1/2) ICN-ATL-ICN. Delta wants 2500 USD for a one stop!

With my luck, they'll go back to 747s when it's time for my trip.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bobbybrown
Wouldn't Delta understand the situation and let you change date by a day for free? (as long as there still are award seats available.) KE still puts 380 every other day until Oct 24th, and back to daily 380 after then. Sorry for your situation, though.
They do fly the a380 every other day except for the week I'm flying home(2 weeks from now). Then it's the 777 5 out of 7 days. Delta offered to wave the change fee on the flight to have me jump to the 747 to DTW but they still wanted the mileage difference. It's just a bummer. I have a 50 minute connection in ICN before this flight so maybe I'll get lucky with a schedule change. I don't need much.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 6:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My choice would be the DL 747 in D1 if the mileage difference isn't huge.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by jfadool
They do fly the a380 every other day except for the week I'm flying home(2 weeks from now). Then it's the 777 5 out of 7 days. Delta offered to wave the change fee on the flight to have me jump to the 747 to DTW but they still wanted the mileage difference. It's just a bummer. I have a 50 minute connection in ICN before this flight so maybe I'll get lucky with a schedule change. I don't need much.
That week is right before big holiday in Korea & China. Sorry for the mess up. Schedule change is not likely happen, though, because it's only few weeks away. Did you consider via JFK or LAX that may not incur mileage difference and a380?
Old Sep 9, 2015, 7:36 am

where did u find such a nice deal?
Can u share?

Tks!

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
Did they finalize winter schedule yet? I just booked a STELLAR deal home (1,700,000W aka 1500 USD 12/19-1/2) ICN-ATL-ICN. Delta wants 2500 USD for a one stop!

With my luck, they'll go back to 747s when it's time for my trip.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
My choice would be the DL 747 in D1 if the mileage difference isn't huge.
I would way rather be in the 747 top deck, but its a huge difference in miles. My current trip is to SIN with a stopover in ICN on the way out. Then back home though ICN and ATL. I booked it on the old skymiles rules last year for 140k.

Originally Posted by bobbybrown
That week is right before big holiday in Korea & China. Sorry for the mess up. Schedule change is not likely happen, though, because it's only few weeks away. Did you consider via JFK or LAX that may not incur mileage difference and a380?
I did think about that but I don't really want to connect anywhere other than ATL or DTW. My home airport is GSP so stopping in LAX or JFK would also require me to add another stop or an airport change in NYC.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 9:47 am

JFA - I grew up in Spartanburg, but have been in Seoul for the past four years, actually!

Hawaii - I found it on the Korean Air website. Can't get it anywhere else. On like Kayak, Orbitz, etc., it's like 200$ more.

Interpark is quoting the exact same price (I don't have any Korean credit cards), but if you have a Citi Premium Mile Card it's about 100,000W less than Korean Air's site.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 3:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
I just flew the updated 773ER ICN-IAD and the prestige suite in J are nice, so the loss of the bar sucks, but the seats compared to the A380 are better with more privacy.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 4:44 pm

Programs: Skypass, IHG
ATL is so expensive now on KE. It is way more than from JFK / ORD for quite a while already. I actually am looking to skip KE for my upcoming trip.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 4:27 am

KE has always been really high to fly to ATL nonstop from Seoul. Normally, Christmas and Summer is around 2,400,000W. That's why I jumped on this 1,700,000W deal. It really can't get any cheaper.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.