777-300ER seatmap

Old Aug 6, 2015, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
777-300ER seatmap

Hi all - usually post/browse through the DL forum, but since I have an upcoming KE flight in J, thought I'd come to those in the know!

I noticed today that my future KE85 flight (ICN-JFK) was downgauged from the A380 to a B773ER, which is a shame because I was really looking forward to my first flight on an A380 and a chance to check out the whole lounge in the sky thing. I went to look at the seatmap DL was offering me, and saw that the layout is 2-2-2 in business. But the only seatmap available on SeatGuru and on KE's site (from what I can find) shows 2-3-2...any idea what gives? Any recommendations on this kind of metal? And of course, any general thoughts on the overall experience will be welcomed too! Flying HKG-ICN-JFK, so a B744 on the way up.

Thanks all!
Old Aug 6, 2015, 4:22 pm

Newest batch of 77W has 2-2-2 in business class. You can choose 291 or 277 seater fleets below 777-300ER:

https://www.koreanair.com/global/en/...777-300er.html

which will result in different seatmap, and different "Seat Guide". You'll enjoy newest prestige suites with a direct aisle access even from window seats. It must be better than 380 experience. Enjoy !!
Old Aug 10, 2015, 11:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by bobbybrown
Newest batch of 77W has 2-2-2 in business class. You can choose 291 or 277 seater fleets below 777-300ER:

https://www.koreanair.com/global/en/...777-300er.html

which will result in different seatmap, and different "Seat Guide". You'll enjoy newest prestige suites with a direct aisle access even from window seats. It must be better than 380 experience. Enjoy !!
bobbybrown hit the nail on the head. I've seen some blog reports on Naver about the new B773ERs with the Kosmos Suites 2.0 and Prestige Suites. I was hoping that they did the schedule change during my trip to Korea in late September/October so I could take the A380 to Korea but take the new B773 back.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pathfinder813
bobbybrown hit the nail on the head. I've seen some blog reports on Naver about the new B773ERs with the Kosmos Suites 2.0 and Prestige Suites. I was hoping that they did the schedule change during my trip to Korea in late September/October so I could take the A380 to Korea but take the new B773 back.
Sorry to burst your bubble! Looks like 773s from the end of August on. I'll try to report back!
Old Aug 16, 2015, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by mahka42
Sorry to burst your bubble! Looks like 773s from the end of August on. I'll try to report back!
Interesting. I'm not seeing this on KE's website. Where are you seeing this?
Old Aug 17, 2015, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pathfinder813
Interesting. I'm not seeing this on KE's website. Where are you seeing this?
Oof, sorry. Must've gotten my months wrong with all my travel lately. I see the schedule changing occurring the week of 10/26/15, according to the KE flight schedule look-up.

Or maybe they pushed the implementation back since I last checked. I suppose there's always the caveat of *information subject to change. But yes, as of right now, I see the change happening 10/26/15. Just before I make my flight.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by mahka42
Oof, sorry. Must've gotten my months wrong with all my travel lately. I see the schedule changing occurring the week of 10/26/15, according to the KE flight schedule look-up.

Or maybe they pushed the implementation back since I last checked. I suppose there's always the caveat of *information subject to change. But yes, as of right now, I see the change happening 10/26/15. Just before I make my flight.
Oh OK. I wish they did it a month earlier. Then I can do the A380 and the new suites... oh well!
Old Sep 8, 2015, 11:51 am

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver
Just had my December ICN-SIN flight changed from 772 to a 77W with the new Prestige Suites. I was wondering if anyone who has experienced this aircraft with the new J product has any advice on seats, as seatguru has not yet updated the change.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 6:35 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Qatar Gold, Delta MM
I had the same thing happen to me. I'm flying SIN/ICN on Dec 20 and I couldn't figure out why I was suddenly seeing 2/2/2 on the KE site as I was selecting my seat. Clicking the Boeing 777-300ER hyperlink on the seat assignment page takes you to the 2/3/2 configuration. But when clicking under "The seat type may differ according to the number of seats within the same fleet type" and choosing the "261 seats" and then clicking "cabin layout again" you see the correct layout.

Any idea what a good seat will be? I'm assuming the middle section since both would have aisle access.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by dmf_singapore
I had the same thing happen to me. I'm flying SIN/ICN on Dec 20 and I couldn't figure out why I was suddenly seeing 2/2/2 on the KE site as I was selecting my seat. Clicking the Boeing 777-300ER hyperlink on the seat assignment page takes you to the 2/3/2 configuration. But when clicking under "The seat type may differ according to the number of seats within the same fleet type" and choosing the "261 seats" and then clicking "cabin layout again" you see the correct layout.

Any idea what a good seat will be? I'm assuming the middle section since both would have aisle access.
Seems we are both looking for the same info. I cannot find any trip reports anywhere of pax in J on this particular aircraft. I do know these planes are brand new and that all pax have aisle access.

I'm actually most interested in Row 7 as this appears to be a single row of J in a cabin otherwise full of F seats. Coming off a 15 hour flight I'm looking for the quietest seat available. Hopefully someone will report back.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dmf_singapore

Just flew the new 773ER this morning from ICN-IAD. The new seats are nice with better privacy compared to the previous seats. If you're traveling solo, the window seats are very private. If you like to have various gadgets within reach, the B and H seats have some extra storage space which is where I sat.

If you're traveling with someone the middle seats are probably ideal since the window-side seats don't have neighbor visibility.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by arthurhs
Just flew the new 773ER this morning from ICN-IAD. The new seats are nice with better privacy compared to the previous seats. If you're traveling solo, the window seats are very private. If you like to have various gadgets within reach, the B and H seats have some extra storage space which is where I sat.

If you're traveling with someone the middle seats are probably ideal since the window-side seats don't have neighbor visibility.
Curious as to which row you sat in. The seat map suggests row 7 is part of the F cabin. Any information on that?
Old Sep 14, 2015, 5:55 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by houserulz77
Curious as to which row you sat in. The seat map suggests row 7 is part of the F cabin. Any information on that?
I was in 11B, I don't think row 7 was in the F cabin, it may have been curtained off from the galley and first.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 7:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
anyone know if they are putting these seats in the A380?

Edited to add that unfortunately the A380s aren't getting the new seat

http://skift.com/2015/02/06/korean-a...stige-suite/#3

Last edited by DL2SXM; Sep 26, 2015 at 7:15 pm
Old Nov 7, 2015, 7:07 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by houserulz77
Seems we are both looking for the same info. I cannot find any trip reports anywhere of pax in J on this particular aircraft. I do know these planes are brand new and that all pax have aisle access.

I'm actually most interested in Row 7 as this appears to be a single row of J in a cabin otherwise full of F seats. Coming off a 15 hour flight I'm looking for the quietest seat available. Hopefully someone will report back.
Does anyone have updates about row 7 for the new J (Prestige Suites)? SeatGuru advises against this row, but the private cabin is tempting. Already tried searching through the forum.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.