Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

question re: award ticketing / family pooling for niece

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2015, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA plat; SPG Gold; club 5c

I was hoping to award ticket for my sister and her daughter. I know that my niece is not eligible to be part of my family pool, however, i was wondering whether my sister would be able to use my points (via pooling) to buy her daughter's ticket. The agent i spoke with said no, but was curious if anyone might have had a different experience / is it worth me trying with a different agent.

thanks!
Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:03 am

Programs: DL PLT, Hilton Diamond, CX MPC Silver
I can't personally vouch for this one, but I'm thinking if you are in a family pool with your sister (who is linked on Skypass with her daughter) then it might be possible. It could be worth a try, but I would recommend your sister holding off on booking her flight until her daughter is accepted or denied for her ticket.

Applicable family : grandparents, parents, spouse, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, parents-in-law, sons/daughters-in-law

Source

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.