LAX - ICN A380 seat 47D

Old Jun 19, 2015, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

LAX - ICN A380 seat 47D

I have been watching to grab this extra leg room seat and finally managed to snag it today. Does anyone have a picture of this seat? This is the seat which doesn't have a seat in front of it and has a crew hatch in front. Seatguru says its got the best leg room in economy.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
I have been watching to grab this extra leg room seat and finally managed to snag it today. Does anyone have a picture of this seat? This is the seat which doesn't have a seat in front of it and has a crew hatch in front. Seatguru says its got the best leg room in economy.
I've seen this seat before on the A380. In the space that there is supposed to be 46D is an empty spot with an access panel to go downstairs to the cargo hold level. Basically you have all of the from from the back of 45D to your seat.

As for 47D, it is configured like a bulkhead seat with the AVOD panel in the armrest IIRC.

Hope this helps.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 7:37 pm

Programs: Skypass, IHG
Bear in mind that the seat is 17" wide instead of the 18" per seatguru. That space can also be a convenient stop for aisle traffic as well. From time to time there may be someone standing there for a brief moment. You lost the underseat storage in front as there is no such seat.

Having said this, this seat is quite hard to get, however.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 7:39 pm

Programs: Skypass, IHG
Originally Posted by t_cliff
Bear in mind that the seat is 17" wide instead of the 18" per seatguru. That space can also be a convenient stop for aisle traffic as well. From time to time there may be someone standing there for a brief moment. You lost the underseat storage in front as there is no such seat.

Having said this, this seat is quite hard to get, however.
Oops, row 46 is the one with narrower seat, not row 47.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 9:27 am

Reviving an old thread; but if you're sitting in 47D, can you put your stuff underneath seat 45D since there is no seat 46D?
Old Jun 27, 2016, 12:36 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
I simply placed my loose things on the floor (blanket) underneath me or in front of me. And stretched out my legs as far as they could go. You cannot store an actual bag in that area. They must go above. This goes for you and the passenger in 46E, the one next to the empty space. Also, 45 is quite far away and you'd have to stand up to reach your things. It's honestly easier just to reach up tfor the bin.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 2:08 am

So I managed to snag this seat! However, looks like 46E is also open. Is it better to take this seat, or opt for 3 empty ones on the window side? My thinking right now is that this is better than gambling on having 2 seats not taken. If I stay in 47D, I hope 47E/F stay open as well
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:48 am

Sitting in 46E doesn't have any value as you can't place anything over the hatch. Only the legs of 47D can go there haha. You also couldn't really shift your body in that angle to use the space either.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:32 pm

Sorry, that was really silly of me. What I meant to say was that 46E and 47E is also open. My concern is whether I can use the under seat storage of 45D? I also would probably shift over to the E seat when watching movies, as I've never been fond of craning my head down to the screens in the arm rest.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 2:34 am

I used the space under the seat in front of me (and under my actual seat). You also have access to the seatback pocket there as well....even though you definitely have to stand up to reach it.

I found it was easier just to use the overhead bin since you have to stand up anway.

Don't expect any seats to stay open. KE only releases 50% of their seats online before check in time. Then the other half open (and 90% of KE passengers check in at the airport).
Old Mar 3, 2017, 3:28 pm

Thanks again for the reply. The information on the available seats released and such is very interesting as well. I'll be checking the seat map up until checkin!
Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:02 pm

Just to follow up to this, I had my flight and it went well! Thanks for the advice.

Overall, the cabin was indeed near-full. However, 47E next to me was empty, so I was able to utilize the seat and the room under 46E for storage. This was much more convenient than having to get up to get items from 45D. I ended up putting shoes there and splitting it with the person in 46E. Just wanted to note that the back of 45D does not have a clothes hangar hook.

Seat wise, the table was slightly flimsy, no more than the usual arm-rest tables. IFE angle wasn't terrible, but it would be nice if it could go higher to save my neck.

The only other item is cabin temperature- it was steamy! A drastic change from the UA flights I'm used to. Definitely dress lightly/bring change of clothes. I was fortunate enough to have gym clothes (athletic shorts and a tshirt), which made the flight so much more comfortable.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 2:05 am

Good to report. Also, KE does keep their cabins at 26 C (aka 78 F). Literally everywhere in Korea does this.

If you do get hot, you can ask them to turn on the AC and then they will also give you a glass of ice water. Definitely have done that before haha.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.