Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

buying tickets for parents using sky pass miles.. how?

Old Mar 19, 2015, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

I am trying to buy tickets for my parents who lives in Korea to visit me.

I have enough miles in my account and when I called into pay for the miles, the customer service told me that since my CC (to use for paying taxes) is not from Korea, I must show up to the airport and show them the physical card prior to flight date.

I do not live close to the airport with Korean Air office so it seemed silly to drive 6 hours round trip just to show the card to someone.

They told me that I can do "verified by Visa", but for some reason, my cards gets "general error" and does not go through.

How does one get around the CC issue?

Thanks.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Ok.. After talking to MULTIPLE Korean airlines customer support, here is what I got from them.

The CSR who are in Korean speaking part of the phone support were almost useless. They suggested that someone who lives in Korea log into my account and purchase the tickets and pay using their credit card, they did tell me that physical presentation of the credit card is NOT required if purchase is made using CC originating from Korea.

English speaking CSRs were a bit better, first guy assured me that CC presentation is NOT required if I use "Verified by Visa" option while going through the payment system. He told me that I can enroll into the Verified by Visa system by using the link at the bottom of the website called "payment" and doing the "payment authorization". However, he disconnected me prior to finalizing the transaction.

Next customer support wasn't as helpful, she just told me that I must present the CC. However, when I mentioned "Verified by Visa" option the other CSR mentioned she said. "Yes, that can be done and you do not have to present CC, you have to call your bank and enroll your card into that program" and she hung up.

Then, I called CSR at my trusty Chase Sapphire card, they were SUPER nice. The guy enrolled me (he said he did, I don't know what he did..) into the program, was on the phone until my transaction went through.

Using Chrome, you must turn off the popup blocker, then when the popup opens, there is likely chance the "add-on was blocked" message pops up briefly, so you must click that and then say "run this addon from" or something like that. Then, re-try the process. It went through second time...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.