Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Movie / TV inflight entertainment (AVOD) listings

Old Mar 13, 2015, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Skymiles, Priority Club, HHonors

I haven't flown KE since the KE website upgrade last fall. Before the 'upgrade', it was fairly easy to find the list of inflight entertainment on offer. Now, the only way is to download their e-book, which downloads slowly and is quirky at best (I've never been able to get the whole thing to download.) I'm flying KE JFK-ICN soon in F, and like to know what's playing onboard, so I can decide whether to download some content for the flight. Both DL and CX have easy to reference listings on their websites (and CX's is for two months, which is great), but I can't find that on KE's site. Am I missing something?

I really like KE's onboard service, but everything else about dealing with KE just isn't up to the same standard. The website redesign looks pretty, but continues to have usability issues. The fact that I can't easily find an inflight entertainment list is one example.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 4:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rgdave
I haven't flown KE since the KE website upgrade last fall. Before the 'upgrade', it was fairly easy to find the list of inflight entertainment on offer. Now, the only way is to download their e-book, which downloads slowly and is quirky at best (I've never been able to get the whole thing to download.) I'm flying KE JFK-ICN soon in F, and like to know what's playing onboard, so I can decide whether to download some content for the flight. Both DL and CX have easy to reference listings on their websites (and CX's is for two months, which is great), but I can't find that on KE's site. Am I missing something?

I really like KE's onboard service, but everything else about dealing with KE just isn't up to the same standard. The website redesign looks pretty, but continues to have usability issues. The fact that I can't easily find an inflight entertainment list is one example.

I came here with the exact same question. I just booked a flight from JFK-ICN for the end of this month and their website is useless. I even tried a google search for IFE listing and nothing.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 5:02 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
While I can usually find something to watch on KE it is not a very extensive selection and it is one of the very few airlines I fly which I bring a book or papers to read and actually do read because I've run out of things I want to watch.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Skymiles, Priority Club, HHonors
When I fly to Asia, I always want to make sure I have 15 or 16 hours of things I want to watch (for the round trip). It's my 'catch up' time. If it's on AVOD, great. Otherwise, I'll buy and download and watch on my laptop. I don't care about the cost; I just want to know what and how much to load. It's this little stuff with KE that can infuriating compared to CX or SQ. Their booking procedures are byzantine, particularly for award bookings. No advance seat assignments until 60 days out. And their lounge at JFK is functional at best. (KE, just throw in the towel and let AF take care of your F passengers at JFK.)

But I'm a sucker for the A380 whenever I can fly it in F, and KE's premium cabin prices to Asia are usually better than CX, so I fly them. And when I'm onboard I love it.

If only KE was as obsessive about these details as they are about how macadamia nuts are served, they'd move up a notch into the ranks of SQ and CX.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by rgdave
When I fly to Asia, I always want to make sure I have 15 or 16 hours of things I want to watch (for the round trip). It's my 'catch up' time. If it's on AVOD, great. Otherwise, I'll buy and download and watch on my laptop. I don't care about the cost; I just want to know what and how much to load. It's this little stuff with KE that can infuriating compared to CX or SQ. Their booking procedures are byzantine, particularly for award bookings. No advance seat assignments until 60 days out. And their lounge at JFK is functional at best. (KE, just throw in the towel and let AF take care of your F passengers at JFK.)

But I'm a sucker for the A380 whenever I can fly it in F, and KE's premium cabin prices to Asia are usually better than CX, so I fly them. And when I'm onboard I love it.

If only KE was as obsessive about these details as they are about how macadamia nuts are served, they'd move up a notch into the ranks of SQ and CX.
I just took my first flight in F on an A380. While I thought it was a perfectly fine flight, it didn't seem to have the bells and whistles of other Asian F services. I found that I had to ask for everything: refills were not automatic,
I was pretty much finished setting up my bed before help arrived and, as discussed above, the AVOD selections were not impressive (note: I'd say the same about ANA). My unit had to be reset twice mid- movie, as well. The amenity kit was really thin for F, as there were no socks and I had to ask for ear plugs. The FAs were lovely, but just not particularly pro active. Interestingly, we connected to a 777 Intra-Asia flight on KE in J and found the service best in class, really outstanding.

And I really had to stifle a giggle when the macadamia nuts were shown to me in the package, then rushed off to be put into a serving dish.

Last edited by Mickidon; Mar 17, 2015 at 2:35 am Reason: Spelling
Old Mar 18, 2015, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL PLT, Hilton Diamond, CX MPC Silver
I also wish they had some IFE listings readily accessible. There was a drama special on my JFK->ICN flight last October that I wanted to recommend to someone, but could not recall the name of it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.