Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redeeming KE miles for Emirates

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Redeeming KE miles for Emirates

I really want to try the Emirates First A380. I was trying to build up my Alaska account for 2 one-way F tickets, but looks like that is no longer an option. The best alternative for me is to use KE miles. I have a healthy Chase UR balance and can transfer to KE. I know KE can only book EK roundtrip; other than that, is the process to redeem miles for EK simple? Can someone share experiences and tips? Thanks
Old Mar 31, 2016, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I really want to try the Emirates First A380. I was trying to build up my Alaska account for 2 one-way F tickets, but looks like that is no longer an option. The best alternative for me is to use KE miles. I have a healthy Chase UR balance and can transfer to KE. I know KE can only book EK roundtrip; other than that, is the process to redeem miles for EK simple? Can someone share experiences and tips? Thanks
Anyone know YQ for booking EK via KE? Do they impose Ex-USA or otherwise? Do they not charge YQ?
Old Mar 31, 2016, 10:48 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by brosenberg0
Anyone know YQ for booking EK via KE? Do they impose Ex-USA or otherwise? Do they not charge YQ?
KE passes the YQ when redeeming miles on EK and it could be $1500 round trip in F per passenger...one thing to keep in mind you can't transit at DXB. It will be two awards if you want to do LAX-DXB-MLE. So it may still be economically to do AS award even it costs a bit more miles.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by thebluejean
KE passes the YQ when redeeming miles on EK and it could be $1500 round trip in F per passenger...one thing to keep in mind you can't transit at DXB. It will be two awards if you want to do LAX-DXB-MLE. So it may still be economically to do AS award even it costs a bit more miles.
They impose YQ on EK redemptions on every route? Source?
Old Mar 31, 2016, 11:49 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by brosenberg0
They impose YQ on EK redemptions on every route? Source?
You can give them a call and they will be happy to quote you the YQ price. Yes, it's on every route.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:11 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I also posted the same question in the similar thread few years ago and you can read more about it.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/korea...one-way-2.html
Old Mar 31, 2016, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by thebluejean
I also posted the same question in the similar thread few years ago and you can read more about it.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/korea...one-way-2.html
TY Sir.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.